• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to Mossberg and the Forum

Hello everyone. I am a 37 year old Engineer, Home Gunsmith, and Certified BSA & NRA Range Master in the Northwest Arkansas area. Other hobbies include custom (sport & cafe) motorcycles, knifes, traditional archery, hiking, photography, and survival. I live on 10 acres in the Ozark Mountains. Recently I built my own mutli target AR500 steel shooting range, and Run & Gun course. I recently purchased my first Mossberg firearm and wanted to get involved with the forum as I will be doing a lot to document the rifle for my new you tube channel. Seeing Mossebergs' newer rifle options truly opened my mind to what I could do with a rifle. I have always been one to take my gun projects as as far as they can possibly go in performance and appearance. Hope to share some cool testing, review, and media with everyone here. Here are a few pics of the MVP Patrol Thunder Ranch .308 so far :). I will do a detailed post on it next. Cheers!!!

DSCN6860.jpg
DSCN6889.gifDSCN6884.jpg
DSCN6878.jpg
DSCN6855.jpg
DSCN6888.jpg
DSCN6859.jpg
DSCN6870.jpg
DSCN6904.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, RM, to Mossberg Owners from E TN. You have definitely passed the "post pix test!" Great collection there.

I'm certainly interested in your steel range. When you get a chance post some shots of that. Back in the early 2000s I was developer and match director for non-paper matches we called Pins, Plates, and Poppers. More affectionately known as The Carnival. I'd love to see what you've done.

Welcome from the Kommunist Kollective of Kalifornia.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Thanks Everyone! I will post some pics of my shooting range this evening. Here is how my targets and supports are built. Each unit costs 14.75 in materials from Lowes, for the price of one steel support from a supplier I can build probably 10 of these things and just replace them in 5 years when the wood rots. PLUS they have been undamaged (other than cosmetic) after 1,000's of rounds so they are gonna last. You'll see the "used" photos tonight.
0110171651b.jpg

Speaking of things you can build from parts from Lowes
, check out the slam fire shot gun I just built from steel pipe and AR15 parts. A HUGE post on this will come soon. This gun will truly shock you to how capable a home made shotgun gun can be for home defense and handling small game control on the land.
0309171412.jpg
0309171412a.jpg
0309171412b.jpg
0309171414.jpg
0414171058a.jpg

That's mighty impressive. :thumbsup:

Videos would be entirely voluntary, but you won't hear objections from me.

Welcome to the forum.

That's probably the nicest zip shotgun I have seen. I like how you incorporated the AR parts into the build.

Now, I would like to hear a lot more about the project because now you have me wanting to build one like it.

Oh snap! Nice work on the shotgun and good lookin rifle too! What's the stock wrap/pad/cheek riser on the .308?

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

That is the $12.00 VooDoo tactical cheek riser from Cheaper Than Dirt. It did not fit correctly so I had to cut the lower Velcro straps off and use para-cord to cinch it up nice and tight. Good piece of kit for the price. Comes with the riser, seven shell ammo carrier, and weather guard for the ammo carrier. It also comes with three risers 0", .5", and 1". Had to use the 0" because I wanted to be able to drop the scope and run the iron sights when needed. You can tell the first pic has high rise scope rings on it. The second picture is after the lower scope rings have been installed to allow for running the scope and iron sight on the same sight plane.

Welcome to the forum.

That's probably the nicest zip shotgun I have seen. I like how you incorporated the AR parts into the build.

Now, I would like to hear a lot more about the project because now you have me wanting to build one like it.

Gee...I have old unused AR Parts myself!

I'm starting to imagine weird things like a slide fire .410 pepper box.

18" of course . . . :rolleyes:

I did think of doing the slam-fire in an over under configuration with single or joint firing pins. Mmmmmm 2 3/4" slug and 3" 00 Buck combo shot. Would have had to come up with a different barrel lock mechanism though. That's the fun part.

Yes, a SxS or O/U configuration would need a different locking mechanism. Thing is, gun makers have been using aluminum blocks to do that for decades now.

Looking forward to reading your huge build post that you mentioned.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your MVP. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Welcome from MI!!

Great pics. You have my attention with that shotgun.

Back