• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie from North East Tn

Well like others here, I'm a member of other gun forums, you can read my profile to see some of my interests. I'm 67 and not the most "puter" literate guy on the planet, still have an old dumb flip phone, mil spec though, carry it in pocket when I surf fish for snook mostly near St.Pete Fl, lived there twice in third grade, and 2 days after graduation from HS here in E tn. Went to st.Pete junior college a while (its now a 4 yr school I hear, but liked 99 cent boones farm apple too well, Went to ETSU in Johnson City tn a while, passed everything just fine, but,,, oh well, water under the bridge. Have some questions about a Mossberg I might can own, why I joined here. so, I need to make more posts, so I can do more.. Thanks for the approval. mopar lou.

Lou, welcome to Mossberg Owners from SE TN!
My location is 100 south of you and my age is 10 years north.
It's good to have you with us.

index.php

Welcome from not far from Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City Tri state area. Just a little to the west, but still frequent the area occasionally.

Guys, I don't know where to start... so,,, Scoop Thanks to you and ALL others for your service, you must be near k town, and I don't mean Kingsport. Rude 1, my wife was born in Mtn City Tn, but raised in Indiana, near the queen anne candy factory, her dad worked in steel mills till his untimely death from a massive stroke at IIRC 36 yrs old, then she moved back to tn. Old mossy, guess you saw my Fl connection, miss the fishing there. Ernst, not enough info, from just looking at post, but thanks. Jmm14534, I do some trading with a guy that is older than me, that retired from IBM IIRC in upstate Ny. John A, I've got a penny on my key ring with a hole punched in it with a 17hmr, then FINALLY Aguila started making 5mm rem magnum rimfire again, I had a couple of boxes of the orig Rem 38g core lockt so sold my .17 and got a 592 and a Contender bull bbl when they made a limited run. yeah I live in the Tri City area. CaddmanQ Mopar or No Car, lol, have an SRT-4, put a pistol grip shifter in it, Gunslinger in AZ IIRC makes them for all neons and PT cruisers , kowalski got me hooked on the hurst pistol grip shifters. Learned to drive in the pasture out back on a 42 Jeep, it was either a Willys with a Ford windshield, or vice versa,, I was about 13 then, sure wish I had that vehicle back. Mean streak, I have a cousin that was born here, a hillbilly, moved to Tarpon Springs Fl when he was about 6 I think, he is older than me, he has a friend Ed, that rides a Harley , He is from Ok, don't remember where now, spends some time in winter down there in New Port Richey. Oh Jmm14534, a 20 ga is why I joined this forum,,, well I've run my mouth enough now, Thanks to all you guys, maybe I can find some info on the 20ga Cruiser, w heat shield parkerized, bead site model 5038 I have setting here. Have 3 kids, oldest son, and the baby my daughter born on same day, March 23rd, youngest son in August. The oldest son turns the big 4 oh then, daughter was born in 88. Youngest son will be 38 his birthday. The Cruiser actually belongs to my oldest son, his wife has a PhD and has kind of turned him into a semi "snow flake" he still has a .45 1911 style I gave him, and a Walther p22 I think, I may just buy this 20 ga from him , I had an FFL for about 15 years, but got him the 500 off an auction site, then he transferred it to himself when it got here. Maybe only been fired 25 or so times, have box all paperwork etc. For Christmas got him a hogue pistol grip for it, and a shock wave, It's here at my place, haven't fired it yet with either of the two non factory grips. Let my FFL go in the mid 90"s. Looks like they don't make this 500 anymore, posted about it earlier, haven't had a reply yet. Thanks guys, I will shut up for now,

Welcome from MI!!

Welcome from Las Vegas! I keep telling the wife we should move to TN, sound like it's much better than this place. This is CA East.

Our sales tax is ridiculous, but no state income tax, come to the eastern part, where the great mountains are, Roan Mountain, in my county, well kind of is over 6k feet in elevation, my house is about 1300 or so feet, but we are close to Va, which has lower sales tax, 17 miles from Bristol race/drag strip, and about an hour drive from ski slopes, of course we don't get snow like we did back in the 60's. Thanks for the kind words DL Knives. Only thing I miss is the salt water fishing, I lived in St.Pete fl a couple of different times , but we have a beautiful lake here, that is about 318 feet at it's deepest point, clean water too, but the fishing is tough.

Yeah I'm 67, welded most of my life, then got on with CSX RR, first as welder then Conductor, an aneurism I didn't know I had , two layers split from the top of the arch of my aorta, down to almost my pelvis, lucky to be a live, only two layers of my Aorta ripped, but that ended my RR job, haven't worked a day since 2012, only had 13 years in with them, so I'm only getting a few hundred bucks retirement more than Social Security, Some of friends that worked there and got their time in are making a killing on their retirement, I don't even get half of what they are getting, but, hey I'm alive, and making a few hundred more than SS, I think CSX runs through Lynchburg, but maybe it's Nazi Southern, Oh I mean Norfolk Southern,,, when we ran on their territory we would kid them about it on radio, then low and behold we got their slave driver, extremist at CSX,,, funny how things work out!!!

Old Mossey, lived in St,Pete area in 63 for a while, then In 73 a while, still go down there on vacation John's Pass has some great fishing

Back