• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nice fish !! georgia rainbow

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
I dont fish to often anymore, couple times a year. I saw this today on the Ga DNR website WOW ! 9+ lbs Screenshot_2019-03-05-16-52-32.jpg Screenshot_2019-03-05-16-52-07.jpg Caught over at lake Lanier. That's a nice Rainbow, im used to,the back stream 6 to 10 inch little stream trout. This young lady's, would feed a squad. Ive caught big browns on lake Ontario years ago, but never saw a rainbow this size. @caddmanQ thought youd like this one.

That's pretty cute.

When I take my granddaughters fishing I take them to a place I know where you can always catch rainbow trout. Sometimes we go for bass, but if it's their first time out I always take them to this spot, because I know they will catch a trout.

But I also know that they won't be very large. 10 or 12" is normal. But to a little girl a 10 or 12 inch trout is a Monster on a string.

I can't imagine what this little girl felt when she saw that lunker coming in!

I bought a new fishing license while I was at the bait store getting worms for my pet bass.
I actually have several fish who eat redworms on a regular basis.

You can learn a lot about how fish react to bait by feeding them as pets.
They are natural eating machines, but also petulant things who will strangely reject food from their own motivations of fear, anger, smell? I dunno . . .

I always had this thing called beginner's luck, and so too it was with fishing. Looking back, I think I was just more willing to do two things: fish longer, and risk more expensive tackle. Because of this I embarrassed my friends who were far better and more experienced fishermen. I pulled up a lunker on days when everyone was depressed about their tiny catch.

But I am a mediocre fisherman, and that was always just beginner's luck.

Back