1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Nightstick - anyone grab one yet?

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave' started by ricky_bobby, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ricky_bobby

ricky_bobby .22LR

I'm about to order one just for the old school look and nostalgia and this is the setup I wanted, I don't want to brace the shockwave - to me its taking away from what it is -

Its a cool enough look with the wood furniture to keep one as is, and maybe buy a second, Form 1 it, and throw on matching wood stock and have a 14" SBS riot gun -

Best price I've seen is around $380 delivered to FFL - none of mine have it in store so I'll have to order it -
    nitesite likes this.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I don't have one.

But they are just screaming to F1 SBS.
    nitesite likes this.
  3. ricky_bobby

ricky_bobby .22LR

Agreed - I actually may spend the extra few bucks on a "base" Shockwave and add the Black Aces textured walnut furniture to it instead of the factory Nightstick - I'm sure I'll end up with both as I agree it would make a phenomenal F1 SBS, especially with the base models hovering in the $275ish range now, add $200 stamp and $100 worth of Magpul SGA and its one hell of a CQB weapon.
    John A. likes this.
  4. El Companero

El Companero Copper BB

I've got one coming. Should be here next Wed. From what I understand, it's just a Shockwave with upgraded furniture but, I do like the wood better! :)
    John A. likes this.
  5. John A.

We'd love to see it if you don't mind sharing some pictures.
  6. El Companero

El Companero Copper BB

Will do and I'll do a range report when I've had the chance to shoot it. I picked up 120rds of Aguila Mini 00 buck shells to try in it.
  7. John A.

Most folks that try to use the mini shells have to get some sort of chamber adapter because they don't feed well in pumps and semiauto's and such. I think @Elbert Garrett has experience with that.

Standard 2-3/4" shells should be just fine. I often break in a new gun with cheap low brass birdshot from Walmart.
    El Companero likes this.
  8. El Companero

El Companero Copper BB

Yep, I've already got the OPSol mini shell adapter for it.
    John A. likes this.