• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nitram PolyChoke Company Info

hombre243

.30-06
If you are considering buying a Poly-Choke brand choke from the Fon du Lac Wisconsin PolyChoke company you might want to reconsider. I am trying to contact the factory but I am getting no response.

The BBB of Wisconsin lists Nitram LLC, the name Nitram/Poly Choke goes with nowadays is listed as Out of Business/bankrupt. I do not know the status of PolyChoke, per se.

I filed with the BBB and sent an inquiry to the Iowa Atty General. I will be contacting the Wisconsin Atty Gen later.

I may be out my $110 so I want you all to be aware of this problem.
h

Thanks for the info, although I have never owned or wanted a Poly-Choke i will keep this in mind.

Thanks for the info, although I have never owned or wanted a Poly-Choke i will keep this in mind.

I like the convenience of having 9 different settings all in one choke. Going into the field where there is multiple types of hunting from long to short shooting makes quick set changes right for me. But, I may not get one if they are out of business. Hopefully the voicemail message at the company was correct and all products will be delivered.

Thanks for the info.

I have an older shotgun with a polychoke permantly attached. That was a BIG thing back when all barrels had fixed chokes. They are still usefull but not as much now that most barrels have replacable choke tubes.

Thanks for the info.

I have an older shotgun with a polychoke permanently attached. That was a BIG thing back when all barrels had fixed chokes. They are still useful but not as much now that most barrels have replaceable choke tubes.

I disagree...changing a tube in the field can be a nuisance when a change may be needed more than once. The adjustable choke is my favorite and I use the option often. I don't have to carry tubes and I only need one gun.
Thanks for your input. I am glad y'all are seeing this. I may be jumping the gun...so to speak, but I don't want anyone to lose their $110.00. I may not have lost it but if I do or don't at least the caution has been put out for all to see.
h

I disagree...changing a tube in the field can be a nuisance when a change may be needed more than once. The adjustable choke is my favorite and I use the option often. I don't have to carry tubes and I only need one gun.
Thanks for your input. I am glad y'all are seeing this. I may be jumping the gun...so to speak, but I don't want anyone to lose their $110.00. I may not have lost it but if I do or don't at least the caution has been put out for all to see.
h
In my lifetime of shooting many many many ....many thousands of rounds I have never had the need to change chokes in the field.

Keep after them and keep us posted. I know there are others that have or may consider that setup.

In my lifetime of shooting many many many ....many thousands of rounds I have never had the need to change chokes in the field.

Keep after them and keep us posted. I know there are others that have or may consider that setup.

You probably go after one kind of game. I hunt for coyotes long and short range, raccoons, squirrels and rabbits. I change my choke to fit the situation. I don't change chokes on the fly. But when I have the opportunity to take something other than the main game I change. Different strokes...

As a teenager, my first ever gun was a WesternField 20ga bolt action with an adjustable choke. It was very handy to just be able to "dial in" the choke I needed.

It was slightly irritating once a year. The first time I would pull the trigger on a quail, I would be reminded that I hadn't opened it up. Even with a little 20ga, full choke on a quail at close range is not a pretty sight. That was always one bird that didn't go in the bag!

As a teenager, my first ever gun was a WesternField 20ga bolt action with an adjustable choke. It was very handy to just be able to "dial in" the choke I needed.

It was slightly irritating once a year. The first time I would pull the trigger on a quail, I would be reminded that I hadn't opened it up. Even with a little 20ga, full choke on a quail at close range is not a pretty sight. That was always one bird that didn't go in the bag!

Yep, Stuff does happen don't it? But it was quicker to remedy with the adjustable choke than having to go home for a different tube or at least fumbling around looking for the wrench and changing it in the field. If I can't get one from Poly Choke, maybe I can get a TruGlow if they ever get one in stock for a Mossy.

Yep, Stuff does happen don't it? But it was quicker to remedy with the adjustable choke than having to go home for a different tube or at least fumbling around looking for the wrench and changing it in the field. If I can't get one from Poly Choke, maybe I can get a TruGlow if they ever get one in stock for a Mossy.
Oh, I wasn't complaining. That's why I said "slightly irritating". One more advantage is that you can safely change the choke setting on a loaded gun, since you don't ever have to put a hand or tool in front of the muzzle.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. That's why I said "slightly irritating". One more advantage is that you can safely change the choke setting on a loaded gun, since you don't ever have to put a hand or tool in front of the muzzle.

I didn't think that...sorry if I sounded like I did. I am just sold on an adjustable. Have been since I got my first Monkey Wards 20 ga pump that had the C-Lect Choke installed.

I have not heard from Poly Choke. But I found a TruGlo Titan Adjustable I like at Midway. I must have ordered the last one because now they are out of stock. Should be here next week...unless their inventory was off. But, I have 2 chokes ordered. If I get the Poly I will put it on my new 24" barrel and the TruGlo on the 28". I am double excited now.

Oh, about that quail...I have never had any luck hitting birds. One day I got lucky and got 2 pheasants. Another time I was hunting a farm where there was one old huge Cock Pheasant. In fact about 3-4 times...I jumped him up and fired. I knew his hangout and went there until I was tired of missing. I hunted another part of the farm just so I wouldn't accidentally hit that old dude. He beat me too many times so I just walked away and let him do his thing. He did not git that big and old by being stupid.

I like my 4 footed animals so I go miss at them as often as I can. Tomorrow in fact ...let me check my schedule....as if I have one.

Happy huntin.

Last edited:
As a kid, I hunted quail several times every year. I got so that my first shot would be from the hip and I seldom missed. In fact, it was not uncommon for me to get 3 birds out of one covey... with that 20ga bolt action.

If you want to improve your skill at hitting birds, take up skeet. The game was designed to present as many realistic flight paths as possible, realistic to what you would be up against in the field.

As a kid, I hunted quail several times every year. I got so that my first shot would be from the hip and I seldom missed. In fact, it was not uncommon for me to get 3 birds out of one covey... with that 20ga bolt action.

If you want to improve your skill at hitting birds, take up skeet. The game was designed to present as many realistic flight paths as possible, realistic to what you would be up against in the field.

I have a gun club less than 2 miles from me. I want to join for a year anyway but no one is ever around to answer questions. If I joined it would be for the fun of it. I just am not a bird hunter. I eat a lot of chicken. If I want a smaller bird I get a Cornish Hen. I just never got into the sport. But, shooting the clays is a lot of fun. I just bought a Champion string release trap. I want to get a foot release for next year. If I can't hunt as much as I like because my legs are giving out at least I can toss a few myself and still get some trigger time.

Back