• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nobel Sport #4 buckshot

Tony617!

.270 WIN
I bought a case of Noble Sport #4 buckshot. I have bought several case of the 12 pellet 00 buckshot and the shoot fine my shotguns. What concerns me is that hull look like they are crimped with cardboard. The 00 buckshot rounds had a plastic insert instead. I haven't fired any yet either.

Here's a picture:

yve8ereb.jpg

The over-shot card is going to play a very minimal role after you pull the trigger. The only thing I can see that may cause failure to the cardboard is water or fire... both of which are things you may want to consider keeping loaded ammunition away from any way lol :)

Or grease/oil which it may come into contact depending on cleaning routine etc. Thats weird never seen that before, did you get those for a really good price? If you did, then thats find, still better than the cheap stuff like rio #4 buck, doesnt have a wad of any sort in it.
And itsricmos advice of keeping your ammo away from fire is a really valid point :lol:

way back when,,,,remington did an add,,,,,,,,

Attachments

• DSC_0049.jpg
    DSC_0049.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 178
ZombieHunterD said:
Or grease/oil which it may come into contact depending on cleaning routine etc. Thats weird never seen that before, did you get those for a really good price? If you did, then thats find, still better than the cheap stuff like rio #4 buck, doesnt have a wad of any sort in it.
And itsricmos advice of keeping your ammo away from fire is a really valid point :lol:

With shipping it works out to $7.20 per 10 rounds.

Sure looks interesting. I'm glad to see it encases the #4 Buck in a real wad. It looks like it will make excellent training ammo, at the very least. Was it online or sold from a retail store?

nitesite said:
Sure looks interesting. I'm glad to see it encases the #4 Buck in a real wad. It looks like it will make excellent training ammo, at the very least. Was it online or sold from a retail store?

I bought it from:

sgammo.com

I shot 40 rounds of this buckshot and it fires fine. I fired at targets at 5, 7, and 10 yards. It really breaks up after 10 yards though.

Tony617! said:
I shot 40 rounds of this buckshot and it fires fine. I fired at targets at 5, 7, and 10 yards. It really breaks up after 10 yards though.
Tony617! said:
With shipping it works out to $7.20 per 10 rounds.
Tony617! said:
I'm the #4 buckshot for training only and I'm using 00 buckshot for HD.

Oh, I see. When you say training do you just mean using it to get acquainted with your shotgun, are are you taking.courses? .72 a round isn't too bad. You should look into fiocchi low recoil 00 buck. I was able to pick some up for like :64 a round. Needed to stock up for fun and acouple of courses me and my wife will do together, or possibly just me if she gets scared or doesn't like the first course. I shot a box of it the other day, the recoil isn't a problem at all, its really light, plus my stock reduces some too. I wasn't shooting at paper so I didn't see how it patterns but I've seen some online and it wasn't a bad pattern. I wouldn't mind seeing.some patterns from ur shell

Back