What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Not Endorsed by Aftermarket Manufacturers

Almost every keeper rifle/shotgun of "newer" vintage I have, I've had to shorten the length of pull & many recoil pads, while I'm at it. That's a big reason for liking older guns, the lop's were shorter. I just had a compass replaced free that I bought in 1975 & never got lost. I get lost all the time trusting Garmin/Tom tom GPS in the car. I never got lost using a map while driving, & NEVER stop & ask for directions, unless it's a cop/mailman/ups driver. LOL.

At some point, the shotgun as we know it was radical, the bolt action rifle, the revolver, and auto loaders (including all generically).

Someone had to be first. And certainly there were nay sayers while enthusiastically supported by others.

As long as we've been purchasing anything, we've been customizing to our individual preferences and tastes.

As to the media influencing the current generation, again, at some point television was new and radical and parents of that generation probably asked what was wrong with books and imagination.

Somewhere here someone said something about trial and error which is what's its all about. No one knows what works for them if they don't try it out and just because one person, or even a few, say something is junk and isn't worth the money doesn't mean someone else won't fall in love with it.

For example, we have(had) a member who is all about 1911s, the name was something like AC45ACP. He seriously disliked Kimber guns and sold what he had vowing to never own another. Other members have zero issues with 1911s myself included and mine is an older style model with external extractor.

Traditional, non traditional, I'm good with whatever way y'all wanna roll. If we were all the same most of us would be redundant and irrelevant.

Last edited: