• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Not really feeling it for my 930 SPX

Deep1

.270 WIN
Well I decided to buy another semi-auto 12 ga. and decided I was going to try a 930 SPX. I found a great deal on one used and it looked brand new. $505- out the door. The only thing I did not like about it was the pistol grip stock.

I have owned a number of 870s so I figured I would either just buy a standard stock or trade the pistol grip with someone for their standard. I had done this with two Remington Tactical Magnums I had picked up. WRONG.

So after posting a possible trade on three forums, not takers. So then I figured I would just buy a standard stock. Every other Mossberg or Remington standard stock can be found in bunches. WRONG.

So then I figured, I will just buy standard wood furniture for it directly from Mossberg. After 3 attempts over 2 months of trying to contact Mossberg without so much as a response from Mossberg, I believe I am done with this 930.

Sad really, I like shooting it but I have never seen a firearm with less support in my life.

Howdy @Deep1 ,

Who did you contact at Mossberg? If you still want to make it happen, give Mr. Zakher a chance to make it right. He's been really good to us here on the forum...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Or, have you posted up in the marketplace section here on the site? There's bound to be someone here with a standard stock take-off that they're willing to part with...

I posted a "want to trade" on the forum and did not get a response. That is no problem. When I decided to just buy wood furniture from Mossberg, I was very put off from the lack of response from them to 3 inquiries. If I decide not to sell this shotgun I will probably use your contact above, I just feel that I should not have to "know someone" to get an answer to a question about a manufacturers product. It does not speak well about a company in my opinion. Do not get me wrong I have had no problem with this firearm in regards to quality. It runs like a champ and I am actually impressed with it. I just do not like the feeling that doing anything to it is like pulling teeth.

Sorry to hear about your bad expierence. Im the same way. I like to know someone will help me if I have an issue with their product. Hope you get a resolution. Don't know too much about the SPX but if you need something, just ask. I have been interested in an autoloader since I don't own one yet.

Back