1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Noticing a lot of pistol caliber carbines being sold

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by John A., Jul 18, 2017.

1. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I think you are correct as my 96A had 3 MecGar mags with it.
  2. Bathrobeman

Bathrobeman .270 WIN

How are the .40’s? My pistol is a .40 so one it’d kinda be alright to only have to buy one type of ammo.
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The 40's are fine. They shoot very similarly to 9mm, but heavier bullets so...Yay!
    nitesite likes this.
  4. John A.

The 40's are fine. They shoot very similarly to 9mm, but heavier bullets so...Yay!
  5. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

I gotta say, a Hi-Point Carbine is one very under appreciated pistol caliber carbine. I think they are worth far more than what they go for. And their customer support and warranty service cannot be beat.
  6. John A.

That is very true about Hipoint. Actually, all of it.

I have a friend who is a Deputy in one of the Parishes in New Orleans. When katrina hit, about 3 feet of his home was under water for an extended period of time.

During all of that, naturally, water got into his safe. Out of all of the guns that was damaged, he made a phone call to hi point and they told him to send it back to them so they could look at it.

4 days later, he received a phone call from hi point telling him that they were going to replace the gun and since it was a different serial number, they would have to send it to a dealer for transfer, but they picked up all the costs. Shipping, carbine, the whole 9 yards.

That's well above and beyond what every other company told him and of all the companies he spoke with, Hi point is the only company that went above and beyond.

FWIW, my brother in law loves their handguns. I'm not one of the biggest fans of them, but it's unusual to see him outside in the yard without it hanging on his hip. He trusts it to go bang. I guess at the end of the day, that's all anyone can really expect one to do.
    nitesite likes this.
  7. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Although many would not approve :rolleyes:, Demo Ranch Matt puts Hi-Point pistols through their paces! I'm sure he's helped sell thousands of them! :D Search LINK
    nitesite likes this.
  8. Tom396

Tom396 .30-06

My only issue with the Hi Point 40 S&W carbine is the spotty quality of the magazines. When you get a couple that work consistently, hang on to them. Seriously, if I believed my Hi Point 40 S&W carbine would cycle and fire rounds as consistently my Maverick 88, it would be our go-to home defense weapon for my wife. And I absolutely love my Rossi lever action .357. Take care. Tom Worthington
    nitesite and John A. like this.