• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Now THIS is an assault weapon!

VetPsychWars

.22LR
Elite Member
My 590L is now essentially complete!

I started with Model 59816, the "590 Left-Handed Heat Shield - 9 Shot":

http://www.mossberg.com/product/590-left-handed-heat-shield-9-shot-59816/

I started by moving the sling attachment from the end cap to the bayonet lug. Added a Lan-Cay M9 bayonet with its OD handle replaced with black.

Added a rail with a reflex (red dot) sight with red and green patterns, 4 of each to choose from.

The stock is ATI Tactical Shotforce PGS. Swivels are Uncle Mike mil-spec. Sling is Turner "All Weather" National Match.

I still have on order a rail adapter and light from GG&G. This would position the light to the side of the mag tube so as not to interfere with the bayonet.

Everything else is stock! Didn't see any reason to change the forend. Sling is what I had, I might keep using or use a GI Silent Sling that I have. I can't see why a person would "sling up" on a tactical/home defense shotgun.

Hope you like it, comments and suggestions welcome!

Tom

IMG_0045.jpg

Now THIS is an assault weapon!

OK, I give up.

Where is it?

I was hoping that finally someone has finally captured one on film because I have heard about them for so long, but I have seen a lot more photos of the elusive bigfoot than I have seen an assault weapon.

I'm also pretty good at finding waldo.

but all I see is a nice looking shotgun.

Decided to take the reflex sight off for home defense purposes. Sling is the military M1 sling in black. Still waiting for the light and adapter.

Tom

Finally found a proper light mount that doesn't interfere with the bayonet! Hope you like it. If you want to know, I will look the stuff up.

Tom
shotgun.jpg

Back