• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NRA backing ban of bumpstocks

Have to say im an NRA life member. Im often irritated by them as they are a huge money hungry political group. They are one of the biggest hammers in DC that USUALLY supports common things that i support. What i hate is the daily yes daily begging me for money in exchange for some cheap piece of garbadge made in China ? Id rather they ask for abit more and give something thats supports USA companys and workers DUH !! I am also of the dont give an inch faction so i do have disagreements. I like reading american rifleman and american hunter and especially the armed citzen sections. As for their political backing and suggestions well im from Alabama and we just gave them and the establishment a big message by voting for crazy Judge Roy Moore over the NRA backed Luther Strange by a huge margin. We chose the battle proven Christian conservative who has stood his ground on issues which we care about. Damn the DC and national endorsements we have spoken ! Roy Moore didnt have the nra or gop backing but he pulled is pistol on stage when asked about support of 2nd, he defied supreme court rulings on 10 commandment removal from his bench and was fired. He was reelected and again fired for standing up against homosexual marriage ruling. We choose a man who stand by his beliefs damn the torpedoes the gop and if need be the nra.20170725_122950.jpg

Looks like the GOA had the intestinal fortitude to go to the march in Washington.

I would like to see NRA, GOA, USCCA, and any other gun organizations start organizing marches.

One of the problems with that is that many of those members, myself included, have very busy schedules. That said, maybe we could PAY someone to go in our stead! :) I'll have to run that by my kids!

PS: I just watched the video above and fortunately, I was successful in NOT watching any of the march or hearing about it on the radio Saturday and most of Sunday. It is sad such ignoramus's walk among us... Either one of my kids knows more about The Constitution than probably half the adults and 95% of the kids in that walking, disrespectful debacle...

Last edited:
I’m no prude...but I’m struck by the level of profane signage used by these gentle, loving, caring & justice seeking people.

What a reasonable and poignant way to get your point across. But I’m guessing that when in private conversation (confrontation) you might get more colorful and vivid descriptions of where they might like to place your firearm for you or what they might prefer to do with your lifeless body after they’ve vented their righteous rage upon you and have otherwise done to you what they espouse to desire to prevent. -dark sarcasm-:confused:

The level of ignorance is infuriating but totally expected. But there is a very dangerous flavor to all this. I don’t need to explain anymore to you guys.

I think I said this after the Vegas shooting, when bump stocks were in the news a lot, but IMHO it think the NRA is trying to sacrifice bumpstocks to prevent losing anything else...
I think most shooters agree, while bump stocks are a lot of fun, they have no practical use apart from turning ammo into empty brass.

So if the NRA can appease the anti's with a little, inconsequential, measure it will take the pressure of the calls for increasing age limits, more magazine limitations, etc..

From an outsiders view, (although as a member of both the UK and US NRA's), your NRA and US shooters in general are coming under more pressure than you've ever seen before so you may have to give up things that you're not really fussed about, in order to keep the things you DO care about.

Daryll, unfortunately I think you are right. The pressure has been ratcheted up by the leftist activist groups using the kids as their vehicle.

I think I said this after the Vegas shooting, when bump stocks were in the news a lot, but IMHO it think the NRA is trying to sacrifice bumpstocks to prevent losing anything else...
I think most shooters agree, while bump stocks are a lot of fun, they have no practical use apart from turning ammo into empty brass.

So if the NRA can appease the anti's with a little, inconsequential, measure it will take the pressure of the calls for increasing age limits, more magazine limitations, etc..

From an outsiders view, (although as a member of both the UK and US NRA's), your NRA and US shooters in general are coming under more pressure than you've ever seen before so you may have to give up things that you're not really fussed about, in order to keep the things you DO care about.

That's a big fat solid negative on all fronts boss. They even said it at their march... "you'll give us the bump stock ban but we are going to take the mile".

And anyone who agrees giving up something will appease these gun grabbers, straight up... can suck it.

So if the NRA is going to compromise by giving up on bump stocks, what will they get in return? Nothing, nada, zilch. Will they allow cc in places like Post Office, Govt buildings (except probably courthouses) nationwide recognition of other states permits, remove mag limits nationwide, WHAT?

There is no appeasing "them".

They want it all.

And are perfectly willing to take several generations to achieve it.

There is no compromise.

You'd just keep giving them a little every time they squawk and eventually there would be nothing left of you to give.

Unlike other countries, you can mark my words on this. America will never be disarmed. They may pass laws outlawing it. They may kill countless men to prove their strength to those who disobey, but America will never be disarmed.

Woe to those who would try to disarm Americans.
-------------------------

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
  • This was first written by Franklin for the Pennsylvania Assembly in its Reply to the Governor (11 Nov. 1755)
Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
This was proposed as our nations motto. But In God We Trust was adopted instead.

Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.

I gotta agree with John and WM. Unfortunately, the gun grabbers will never be satisfied until our guns are ALL confiscated.

The politicians are too scared to outright say we’re aiming to disarm you all...but make no mistake, that is the aim.

@Daryll I don’t have the link, but if you have any doubt as to the GLOBAL aim of stopping and reversing small arms proliferation among the populations of every UN affiliated nation...there are published documents that lay it all out in black and white.

FYI...I’m Canadian and I stand with my brothers.

EDIT: As I alluded to above...this is not a USA problem. This a problem for EVERY freedom loving person in this world. If the USA folds on this...a landslide will follow around the world with very, very few exceptions. We are seeing the same pressures here for more and more restrictions. We must not give an inch...NO COMPROMISE!

Last edited:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...-left-cant-be-trusted-on-gun-control-n2464461

There are areas where gun control activists and the pro-Second Amendment camp can meet. There are gun violence protective orders; keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, domestic abusers, and the mentally ill. But we’ll never get there. It’s all a trap. Even bills that strengthen the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) are a dangerous game because if you give the Left an inch, they’ll take a mile. They admitted it yesterday. Delaney Tarr, a Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student, gave an impassioned speech about how they’re going to do exactly that concerning gun control legislation, which is why Republicans, conservatives, pro-Second Amendment supporters, an any American who supports the Bill of Rights and the Constitution needs to start packing more sandbags and make sure our base turns out in 2018. The Huffington Post had a transcript of her speech from yesterday’s March To Take Away Our Rights…I mean—March For Our Lives rally [emphasis mine]

I gotta agree with John and WM. Unfortunately, the gun grabbers will never be satisfied until our guns are ALL confiscated.

The politicians are too scared to outright say we’re aiming to disarm you all...but make no mistake, that is the aim.

@Daryll I don’t have the link, but if you have any doubt as to the GLOBAL aim of stopping and reversing small arms proliferation among the populations of every UN affiliated nation...there are published documents that lay it all out in black and white.

FYI...I’m Canadian and I stand with my brothers.

I'm well aware of the NWO and their global plans, but what i'm saying is don't waste time and energy fighting for something thats worthless... conserve resources for the real fight that will come in the next few years.

I'm well aware of the NWO and their global plans, but what i'm saying is don't waste time and energy fighting for something thats worthless... conserve resources for the real fight that will come in the next few years.
I don’t disagree in principle...if we were talking about negotiations with reasonable people. But we are not. They want it all and are looking for any opening, any chink in the armor and when they have the ball...they’re going long and will attempt to take it all the way.

And here's why you'll lose on that basic principle because you're short sighted.

Florida passed a bump stock ban. But it's so vague as to what "rate increasing device" means... it can easily be interpreted as a ban on ALL non-stock triggers. So all after market triggers (Gissele, ALG, LaRue, Bravo Company, etc) could be considered illegal or prohibited going forward. And furthermore is opens the door to go after semi auto technology even though its over 100 years old. Cause if you actually pay attention they have altered their wording to include semi auto technology in their rants now.

With activist judges on the bench all over the likelihood of actually rending a decision on what "rate increasing means" with common sense isn't stacked. Shit we have a former supreme court judge advocating eliminating the second amendment altogether. And he sat on the bench and rendered a dissenting opinion on the Heller Case which correctly identified that to own a firearm is an individual right.

I don't know where all this capitulation begins. But, honestly, end it. Cause the other side don't care.

I fully believe that within the next 30 years, there will be a triggering event that will cause the US to be in a civil war again.

Outside sources constantly barrage us with their idiocy. They funnel money into the US to help promote their message, buy off elected representatives (just look at Clinton and the secretary of state if you have any doubts of that). They try to influence presidential elections, organizations and protest (like what happened last weekend matter of fact).

And sadly, there are many simpletons who are drawn in by it and are too blind to realize they're being suckered and are too pompous to think that the US could never fall. I'll admit, a lot of people in the US has never had it hard enough to ever have to fight for anything.

Just picture the mirror opposite of all that has happened in the middle east actively happening here. Egypt had a revolt, Iran has had a revolt, Syria, Ghadaffi/Libya, only turned around on us.

The whole world seemingly wants to destroy us so they can swoop in and be the big dog during/after the vaccum.

We're in debt 21 trillion dollars, mostly to china. Don't think for a single second that China is doing it out of the goodness of their heart. And they would also be foolish to have given away that much money without collateral. And what would that be? In the very least, natural resources for a start. cheap (slave) labor a quick second.

That is reason enough alone for me to never willingly lay down my arms.

Not that I really need a reason in the first place. It simply isn't going to happen.

Ever.

I fully believe that within the next 30 years, there will be a triggering event that will cause the US to be in a civil war again.

Outside sources constantly barrage us with their idiocy. They funnel money into the US to help promote their message, buy off elected representatives (just look at Clinton and the secretary of state if you have any doubts of that). They try to influence presidential elections, organizations and protest (like what happened last weekend matter of fact).

And sadly, there are many simpletons who are drawn in by it and are too blind to realize they're being suckered and are too pompous to think that the US could never fall. I'll admit, a lot of people in the US has never had it hard enough to ever have to fight for anything.

Just picture the mirror opposite of all that has happened in the middle east actively happening here. Egypt had a revolt, Iran has had a revolt, Syria, Ghadaffi/Libya, only turned around on us.

The whole world seemingly wants to destroy us so they can swoop in and be the big dog during/after the vaccum.

We're in debt 21 trillion dollars, mostly to china. Don't think for a single second that China is doing it out of the goodness of their heart. And they would also be foolish to have given away that much money without collateral. And what would that be? In the very least, natural resources for a start. cheap (slave) labor a quick second.

That is reason enough alone for me to never willingly lay down my arms.

Not that I really need a reason in the first place. It simply isn't going to happen.

Ever.
All I can say is I hope you’re wrong. But there’s a big part of me that believes you’re right. That scares me.

I may have just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and may just be more grumpy than my usual self today. But the writing on the wall seems pretty clear to me.

Scary times indeed.

Read Revelations in your Bible.

The midterm elections are going to be very important. The right, be it conservatives, libertarians, and patriots of all ilk had best get out to the voting booth.

The left is going to try to pass anti gun bills knowing full well they will fail so they can use that as a talking point in the elections.

Back