• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NY Sheriff Confiscates LGS Inventory...It Was Robbed To Much

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I really don't see how a local sheriff can legally confiscate the entire inventory of a gun shop even if the store was robbed 7 times in 11 years. The link doesn't show any justification other than the robberies. It seems like the law abiding are punished for the actions of criminals, again.

“We are going to take safe-keeping of these firearms until that regulatory process can conclude and we can determine what measures should be taken to create a safe situation to continue to operate this business.”

https://www.guns.com/2018/08/22/deputies-seize-gun-stores-inventory-after-burglaries-video/

1. Contact lawyer

2. Report all guns as stolen to the atf.

3. Demand that they be added to the National Stolen Firearms Database.

This way, when (not if) the guns ever make it out into the public, they are supposed to be returned to the rightful owner and then you will have a clear paper trail as to who put them there.

Not exactly like operation fast and furious, but kinda the same thing.

Look at it another way, you sell motorcycle equipment.

Robbers took a bunch of your stuff.

Then police seized your remaining motor bikes because you were robbed.

Regardless, this is going to end with a lot of tax payers on the hook for the settlement.

Whatever happened to putting the guns in a safe(s) after hours? o_O Sure, they could bust into a safe but it wont be anywhere near as easy as smashing glass and grabbing... :rolleyes:

happened here in Long Island. A handgun was found to be stolen from a LGS. The state revoked the pistol license for the company and showed up and took the remaining inventory... He was able to sell the remaining handguns through the internet by transferring the items to another store on consignment. Pretty messed up.

Whatever happened to putting the guns in a safe(s) after hours? o_O Sure, they could bust into a safe but it wont be anywhere near as easy as smashing glass and grabbing... :rolleyes:

Many gun shots have hundreds of guns on inventory at any given time.

There is no safe big enough for that much inventory.

If the BATF had an issue with the LGS they would have revoked his FFL. This is nothing more than overreach by local agencies. The perpetrator need a legal stomping on.

Did anyone read the story, the property was secured with the owners permission to do so.

I read the story. The question never should have come up; his permission is irrelevent unless he was the one requesting the seizure, which I doubt.

The perpetrator will back on the streets and back to the same antics before the guns are returned and the store back in business.

My version of gun control, you steal a firearm from an individual home or a gun store, you go to prison for 25 years minimum upon conviction.

Here it is 10, 20, life.

Automatic 10 years for a gun related felony, 20 for 2nd, life for a third.
Well any violent or serious felony, actually. Doesn't matter if you had a weapon.

Our per-capita crime rate has definitely dropped since they passed that.
That and the gang control swat teams they run now.

Oh, and they made it retroactive.

If you were free on release, and committed another felony, your priors were considered, which is how people got life for a rap sheet that read: armed assault, major larceny, felony illegal possession. Activists were screaming that people got life for a mini-mart stickup, or con job; but really they got "life for life." A life of crime = life in jail.

So not all California's laws are unsufferably liberal; but that only proves that a broken clock is still right twice a day (once for digital.)

Last edited:
A life of crime = life in jail.
I don't believe in life in prison but I do believe in death in prison. Meaning: Life Sentence=Death Sentence. This would be a great deterrent as would public execution...

...but that only proves that a broken clock is still right twice a day (once for digital.)
I don't know--a "stuck" digital clock can still be right twice a day, can it not? ;)

The AM/PM light is also stuck.... :)

BTW, the big news in California is no more cash bail for petty criminals.

Once you are arrested you will be interviewed to find out whether it's safe to just release you without bail.

They're going to release most every homeless drug addict and petty illegal immigrant on to the streets, when this takes effect in October 2019.

Also this will generally prevent ICE from being able to "raid" the local jails for illegal immigrants, as they will have all been released.

Sorry for the hijack. I started a new thread on this, with a photo of our ancient governor.

It should be criminal the way California and a few other states treat law abiding citizens, i.e. legal gun owners, compared to the way they are treating illegal aliens.
Again, the news media is looking for the sob stories to put to the American public .

Back