• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Obama: My work here is done, (POLITICAL DEBATE!)

.40-.45 said:
as long as they(politicians) keep us at each other they stay out of the cross hairs....the politics of class envy is what is killing this country

now your talking

Lady, my respect for you is greater than my desire to debate politics.

I enjoy discussing politics with people I like. I have a very liberal neighbor who likes to discuss politics. Unfortunately, she's rarely prepared to discuss them beyond a feelings level. Once we start to delve into history and policy she gracefully bows out. I really like that about her even though I wish we could discuss issues at deeper levels.

Like many here, I have little use for politicians in general. However, I do have a penchant for accuracy and truth. If one chooses to defend (or attack) a particular politician or party one should at least have their facts straight and site their sources. There are too many tired sound bites, on both sides of the aisle, that are inaccurate and over-used.

I'd like to hear how you guys would fix it. Instead of saying it's broke, as we all know.

My idea of a solution probably shouldn’t be documented, and are probably out dated. I am sure there are people a lot smarter than us with allot more resources than us working on a solution....or not. We will only know what they tell the media and they are unreliable so we will continue to be mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed shyte

A good start might be to take care of our own first instead of the rest of the world trying to buy "friends".
20 Billion to Pakistan who couldn't find Bin Laden a few blocks from their "security service"???

ripjack13 said:
I'd like to hear how you guys would fix it. Instead of saying it's broke, as we all know.

It's infinitely complex and I haven't taken the time, nor do I have the resources, to compile an exhaustive solution. However, I'm pretty sure my solution would be fairly unpopular in the short-term and a rude awakening for those who've become accustomed to living off of the government's "generosity" and having the government guide and direct and protect nearly every aspect of their lives.

ladytech777 said:
A good start might be to take care of our own first instead of the rest of the world trying to buy "friends".
20 Billion to Pakistan who couldn't find Bin Laden a few blocks from their "security service"???

Yes, or the Afghan’s we helped fight the Russians killing us now or aid to counties that don’t want to help themselves while we still have people losing jobs, homes, kids starving on our streets right now....screw them, help our own people first. Quit killing our businesses with regulations and fees, assessments and taxes making it so a lot of Americans cant buy American because they cant afford to. So companies use inferior materials and methods to try to make it affordable and now the American product is inferior but affordable. While I was in Alaska filling a truck they gave me to fight fire it cost 130 bucks to fill....I was sitting right next to the Alaskan pipeline, getting paid to protect the pipeline so they can sell American oil to foreign interests while we buy some other foreigners oil, watching our timber getting loaded on barges heading overseas while mills close here and loggers loosing jobs....I am done with this thread because I am getting more pissed the more I read it, I don’t see how anyone could stick up for a party or politician at this point in American history they are all a bunch of greedy, self serving liars that don’t appreciate or deserve your defense.

I agree that a good starting point would be to quit sending money to far off places when folks here are in dire straits.

I'm with Mud on the engineered govt dependency. I'm also very much inclined to agree with Oli.

Back