1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Obamacare forbids govt. gun and ammo registration

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by cms1528, Jan 9, 2013.

1. cms1528

cms1528 .22LR

Here's a copy of an article I just read, a link to the article is provided below.....

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... gistration
  2. Tim4k5

Tim4k5 .270 WIN

I saw this article earlier today and as much as I would like to see this as some kind of stumbling block or future firearm legislation, I just don't see El Presidente letting it get in his way.
  3. Frank Castle

Frank Castle .270 WIN

Comment from the article,

Frank
  4. cms1528

cms1528 .22LR

Yep, who knows might be afoot in the door but I doubt it.
  5. RubiDing

RubiDing .410

I thought that the prohibition in the healthcare act only applied to collecting the information as part of the medical interview/screening process.
  6. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

+1

I know some providers mandated that they ask patients (regardless of age, and especially children) if guns were in the home.

I have witnessed this myself personally on one occasion, and the doctor who did it quit and moved away not long after. There were too many complaints about it to the chief administrator at that clinic, so needless to say, didn't go over well in my particular area.

To my knowlege, this only prohibits health care providers from collecting/documenting information pertaining to firearms.

Which isn't any of your doctors or nurses business or job anyway.

Unless maybe if you were a psychiatrist and was treating someone for real and serious problems, or were a surgeon or ER staff treating someone for a gunshot wound of course which would fall under the course of doing your job.

Basically, this is nothing.
  7. Mossybloke

Mossybloke .270 WIN

Re: RE: Obamacare forbids govt. gun and ammo registration

He'll change it by executive order

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
  8. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Re: RE: Obamacare forbids govt. gun and ammo registration

I'll be darned, but you're right.

He signed it today.

Although, I do not think that he can go back and change the law now by exectutive order.

The law already past, and has even been through the supreme court.

Even the president can't have a do-over.