• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Obamacare forbids govt. gun and ammo registration

cms1528

.22LR
Here's a copy of an article I just read, a link to the article is provided below.....

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... gistration

I saw this article earlier today and as much as I would like to see this as some kind of stumbling block or future firearm legislation, I just don't see El Presidente letting it get in his way.

Comment from the article,

I swear this Awr person is either the most disingenuous person alive or is simply incapable of reading.

What this amendment ACTUALLY says is that health care coverage, premium rates, and any participation in health and wellness programs shall not be affected by an individual's lawful ownership, use, or storage of firearms or ammunition, nor shall such data be collected on individuals (Sec. 10101)

This is a restriction placed on health care providers NOT the government. It neither strengthens or weakens the 2nd Amendment. It has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.

This guy is considered a journalist? Really?

Frank

I thought that the prohibition in the healthcare act only applied to collecting the information as part of the medical interview/screening process.

RubiDing said:
I thought that the prohibition in the healthcare act only applied to collecting the information as part of the medical interview/screening process.

+1

I know some providers mandated that they ask patients (regardless of age, and especially children) if guns were in the home.

I have witnessed this myself personally on one occasion, and the doctor who did it quit and moved away not long after. There were too many complaints about it to the chief administrator at that clinic, so needless to say, didn't go over well in my particular area.

To my knowlege, this only prohibits health care providers from collecting/documenting information pertaining to firearms.

Which isn't any of your doctors or nurses business or job anyway.

Unless maybe if you were a psychiatrist and was treating someone for real and serious problems, or were a surgeon or ER staff treating someone for a gunshot wound of course which would fall under the course of doing your job.

Basically, this is nothing.

Re: RE: Obamacare forbids govt. gun and ammo registration

He'll change it by executive order

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Re: RE: Obamacare forbids govt. gun and ammo registration

Mossybloke said:
He'll change it by executive order

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

I'll be darned, but you're right.

He signed it today.

Although, I do not think that he can go back and change the law now by exectutive order.

The law already past, and has even been through the supreme court.

Even the president can't have a do-over.

Back