• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OH SNAP!

One can easily refer to a single chapter or verse in the bible in order to prove a point in a particular context. For example:

Matthew 22:34-40 (King James Version)

34- But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
35- Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36- Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37- Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38- This is the first and great commandment.
39- And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40- On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

From this text one can surmise that in challenging the Pharisees and Sadducees and in his own words putting GOD and your fellow man above the "law", Jesus himself demonstrated rebellion agains the wicked elite social and political classes that made up the governing body at the time. This particular text, when read independently, is diametrically opposed to the previously referenced text from Romans 13.

If one considers the bible a roadmap for the journey of life then the directions must be followed in whole, not in part...

oli700 said:
...and that’s fine if that’s acceptable to Rick and his Dad….. in my world trash talking my Dad is fighting words

I'm sorry you look at it that way. Like I said, I brought it here to bring another perspective to the conversation. One which has been over looked and that is RELIGION. We are all respectful of each other and I knew that before posting it. If I expected anyone to come on here and explode and be a "jackass" I would have left it on FB and forgotten about in a week. All of us are Gentlemen and Ladies and diplomatic in conversation about one's views versus another's opinions.

I agree on the "fighting words" part, but when I "opened the can of worms" and brought this to the forum I respect everyone's views and opinions. I also trust that no one would blatantly attack my father, instead of his views/opinions. Had someone attacked my father, I have enough self respect and respect for the forum and its members to continue an argument and cause more trouble.

Anyhow, I would also like to apologize for the "Oil" when I addressed you instead of "Oli".. My phone auto corrected it and I didn't notice. lol :oops:

Well, the bill of rights are considered natural or God given rights that every person, everywhere should have. I noted where I see them in 2012.
1st Protects the freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press, as well as the right to assemble and petition the government 50% gone. Seems to be slipping all the time. The media has sold out. DC is telling religous groups they have to pay for medical things they don't believe in etc.

2nd Protects an individual's right to bear arms. 50% gone. The one right that protects all the others, constantly under attack from every direction.

3rd Prohibits the forced quartering of soldiers during peacetime. 100% intact. If anyone know of any examples I'd like to hear them.

4th Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and sets out requirements for search warrants based on probable cause 75% gone. Regulalry broken from DUI checkpoints to the NSA reading emails.

5th Sets out rules for indictment by grand jury and eminent domain, protects the right to due process, and prohibits self-incrimination and double jeopardy 50% gone. Eminent domain took a hit when SCOTUS allowed taking property for commercial development.

6th Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury, including the rights to be notified of the accusations, to confront the accuser, to obtain witnesses and to retain counsel 75% gone. Obama signing the executive order allowing the detainment of US citizens without trial says a lot.

7th Provides for the right to trial by jury in certain civil cases, according to common law. 85% left. Seems pretty strong yet.

8th Prohibits excessive fines and excessive bail, as well as cruel and unusual punishment. 75% left. Seems pretty good although I'll say I think most fines (especially speeding tickets) are outragous and only design to generate revenue. Liberal interpratation of cruel and unusual punishment is far different than mine.

9th Protects rights not enumerated in the constitution. Not real opinion on this one.

10th Limits the powers of the federal government to those delegated to it by the Constitution 90% gone. Maybe 95%. I don't have the time or space to list all the examples of the feds stomping on this one.

Nice outline!

I think the 9th has in many ways been trampled as well. Federalgovt is wanting to control more and more instead of allowing states to set theirown laws. In some ways anyhow. Obama care is sort of an example of this. There are core functions of federal govt and everything else goes to the states which Romney care would have been an example of. For the federal govt to pass law or establish mandates affecting state level law, it is extra-constitutional.

Federal govt has been opperating outside their core functions for decades and decades and neither side has a lock on this.

Something the obama campaign did was to scare voters that romney would do away with some of the things that were state issues and state law, things the office of president really has no jurisdiction over.

Anyhow, anything outside of the core functions of the federal govt are supposed to go to the state level and that's the 9thA. As you mentioned about the 10th, examples of over reach are too numourous to list here.

Itsricmo said:
oli700 said:
...and that’s fine if that’s acceptable to Rick and his Dad….. in my world trash talking my Dad is fighting words

I'm sorry you look at it that way.

Don’t be sorry man, this wouldn’t be the first time I caught myself being overly protective…..it’s just my character I guess……forget I mentioned it

Anyhow, anything outside of the core functions of the federal govt are supposed to go to the state level and that's the 9thA. As you mentioned about the 10th, examples of over reach are too numourous to list here.

Rossignol, thanks for the education on the 9th ammendment. Yep, that one has pretty much been laid to waste too.

CarbineMike: That is a great look at the Bill of Rights!! Kind of opens your eyes to how this country is really being run and what it has transformed into.. :/

Oli, it's cool :p It is your belief and opinion and I respect that, I just didn't/don't want it too come off the wrong way about the person I am :/ Know what I mean?

New top bumper sticker in Texas:
7861C321CCCC70C9593B563E4C4C_h231_w308_m4_cuKRADfRo.jpg

http://now.msn.com/texas-secession-bumper-stickers-abound-after-2012-petitions
I'm not for any state seceding but I hope this talk helps wake up DC. On second thought, I wouldn't mind if at least one state I can think of would secede.

With apologies to the decent people living there including my best friend growing up, yes, Kalifornistan.

haha Roger on the Apologies! :p
I believe even the most state supportive persons in Cali. refer to it as such!

heh.. heh.. I said "Cali" and "refer" in the same sentence ;)

The white house has finally responded to the petitions for states to peacefully leave the union. As expected their position is like the mafia...once your in the club you can't leave. ;)

Official White House Response toPeacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government. and 8 other petitions .

Our States Remain United

By Jon Carson

Thank you for using the White House's online petitions platform to participate in your government.

In a nation of 300 million people -- each with their own set of deeply-held beliefs -- democracy can be noisy and controversial. And that's a good thing. Free and open debate is what makes this country work, and many people around the world risk their lives every day for the liberties we often take for granted.

But as much as we value a healthy debate, we don't let that debate tear us apart.

Our founding fathers established the Constitution of the United States "in order to form a more perfect union" through the hard and frustrating but necessary work of self-government. They enshrined in that document the right to change our national government through the power of the ballot -- a right that generations of Americans have fought to secure for all. But they did not provide a right to walk away from it. As President Abraham Lincoln explained in his first inaugural address in 1861, "in contemplation of universal law and of the Constitution the Union of these States is perpetual." In the years that followed, more than 600,000 Americans died in a long and bloody civil war that vindicated the principle that the Constitution establishes a permanent union between the States. And shortly after the Civil War ended, the Supreme Court confirmed that "[t]he Constitution, in all its provisions, looks to an indestructible Union composed of indestructible States."

Although the founders established a perpetual union, they also provided for a government that is, as President Lincoln would later describe it, "of the people, by the people, and for the people" -- all of the people. Participation in, and engagement with, government is the cornerstone of our democracy. And because every American who wants to participate deserves a government that is accessible and responsive, the Obama Administration has created a host of new tools and channels to connect concerned citizens with White House. In fact, one of the most exciting aspects of the We the People platform is a chance to engage directly with our most outspoken critics.

So let's be clear: No one disputes that our country faces big challenges, and the recent election followed a vigorous debate about how they should be addressed. As President Obama said the night he won re-election, "We may have battled fiercely, but it's only because we love this country deeply and we care so strongly about its future."

Whether it's figuring out how to strengthen our economy, reduce our deficit in a responsible way, or protect our country, we will need to work together -- and hear from one another -- in order to find the best way to move forward. I hope you'll take a few minutes to learn more about the President's ideas and share more of your own.

Jon Carson is Director of the Office of Public Engagement

Whether it's figuring out how to strengthen our economy, reduce our deficit in a responsible way, or protect our country, we will need to work together
I wonder if he was laughing when he wrote this? The economy is ever weaker, the deficit hasn't been reduced in 15 years or more and Obama would rather lead by exectutive order than work with anyone. Pretty much whatever this admin. says, you can count on the opposite.

I guess they are tired of the website being used for things they don't like:

President Barack Obama’s deputies have quadrupled the number of signatures that petitioners on the administration’s “We the People” website must collect to get an official response from the White House, following a series of popular, provocative and disrespectful signature drives by his critics.

Some of the petitions sought approval for states to secede after Obama’s re-election, while others called on the White House to disavow executive orders that restrict gun rights, or to deport CNN’s British-born, progressive host Piers Morgan.

Do they think that is going to stop anything or anyone? Each of those petitions has reach the previously set number of required signatures and I believe have already exceeded the newly set requirement.. They are still going to have to take a look at them all and this only makes us have to work harder, meaning that we have to put more effort into the fight, WHICH in turn makes it mean more to us as individuals and a whole! (Only hurting themselves in my opinion)

Back