• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

old mossberg 590 information

Hello,

I have an old Mossberg 590 dated 1993-1994 that i bought second hand from an old friend. I did not find any information on mossberg website about my specific shotgun. I phoned them but they told me they did not have any records in their database since my serial number was too old.

My friend told me he shortened the barrel to 51 cm to have it flush with the magazine tube. And he mounted a rail on the receiver with a red dot. I did not like this configuration and i'm trying to put it back to its original condition when issued from the factory.
The gunshop that installed the rail messed up the receiver holes because they probably did not have the american threaded screws with the rail. They ended up re taping the holes and glued the rail. I really struggled to remove it.

What i need is basically all its characteristics when first issued from the factory.

I would like to know the following :

- Item#

- Gauge

- Capacity

- Barrel length

- Sights

- Length

- Weight

Thanks for your help or any information you can come up with on this gun. If you need other information or pictures please let me know.

Bishop ;)

Here are some pictures of my mossberg 590 to help me trace it.

IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0552.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0555.JPG IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0557.JPG IMG_0547.JPG

Please note i have removed the heat shield to see the markings and have changed the original feed speed stock to hogue for me recoil absorption.
The serial number of my mossberg 590 is L411XXX

Thanks for your help in trying to put it back to its original condition.

Bishop ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Waitster but it can't be the one you mentioned since the barrel is 51cm (20 inches). The barrel was longer than that because the previous owner shortened it to make it flush with the magazine tube. The question is : How long was the barrel before shortening it and what sight was there?

No one has any idea? Is it a special order from Mossberg? If anyone having a mossberg 590 from the 90's can help me....
Thanks for your information.

Back