• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Old Skool

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
This one is an L.Pomeroy musket that has been in my family since the Civil War. They used to be flint locks and the Confederate Army converted them the percussion cap. I know all about this one including the armorers name through proof marks
IMG_0236-1.jpg

IMG_0238-1.jpg

IMG_0237-1.jpg

This one is the mystery, I believe it is a shotgun. Can’t find any markings at all, although I haven’t taken it apart. I was never told this was passed down but it has been around for years and years. The scene is cool of a bird dog silver and the birds gold. Gold and silver inlay , engraving all over. If anyone has any ideas about this gun I’d like to know….the comb was repaired long ago it looks to me.
IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Very neat! That is really cool that you have had the L. Pomeroy musket in your family since the Civil War. I have zero experience with antique firearms but would like to collect some one day. Have you ever fired them?

Haven’t fired any antique weapons in my time. I think the musket would need to be worked and it might fire , the shotgun is too far gone imo

Not antiques but I have fired these quite a bit but its been years. They are fun and quite accurate. I built them both from kit form. Thompson Center Hawken .54 cal and .50 cal
IMG_0226.jpg

turns out the old shotgun is Belgian made around 1800 give or take a few years but probably early 1800's dont know where it came from but everyone agrees it looks like it could tell a story

I could only imagine what that shotgun has gone through in the past 200+ years.

Very nice family heirlooms Oli !! ...thanks for sharing !!

Very nice!

I have been watching a lot of Pawn Stars lately and they have those old rifles come in often. I personally would find it hard to pawn/sell off a family heirlom like that. Do you have any documentation or stories to go along with their age/history?

I wish, only word of mouth. The shotgun is something my Grandpa picked up I believe and don’t think its been in the family before that. The Pomeroy has been, and I am the first male in three generations to have it. It went from my Great Great Grandpa to my Great Grandma to my Grandma to my Mom and now to me. I could never sell it....It would have to be a stupid amount and I know they are not worth that much.

Back