What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

one receiver, multiple guns?

marlan4200

Copper BB
alright so im pretty much fresh out of the womb as far as owning a mossberg (or any other firearm for that matter) and i was wonder about the following.

so i bought a 500 that came with an 18 inch barrel, can i put other barrels on that one receiver and technically have multiple guns that happen to all use the same receiver?

your answers are much appreciated

-mike (the new guy)

^ Yes you can use different barrel lengths.

You can't however exchange calibers for various reasons, but different lengths and smoothbore/rifled barrels are interchangeable in the same gauge.

I know how hugely excited you are right now! Good luck and have some fun here on the forum. Welcome aboard.

Wrenches said:
What about the magazine tube? Does he have to watch for that?

,,,the only barrel he needs to look out for is the 20" with the extended mag tube. other than that he's good to go.