• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

opinions on problems with my new 930

pgb205

Copper BB
took out my 930 to the range for the first time today (after giving it a thorough cleaning)

Had several unexplained issues and am concerned that they are caused by mostly my inexperience with shotguns (although gut feeling says its the weapon)

1. bolt should only lock back after there is no more rounds in the feed tube.
However, I've experienced several cases where it would lock back even with rounds left.
2. This happens even when I try to manually cycle the rounds from the tube. IE yank the charging handle back to eject all the rounds.
3. I've experienced several cases of double feeds (pic attached) which were difficult (I'm being nice here) to clear. one of the rounds is on the elevator and one is coming out from the tube back to back. I can't yank on the handle or lock the bolt to release the pressure. the only way is for me to pry them apart with my fingers for one of them to finally feed into chamber and another to fall out.

4. This one i don't think is a problem. But I thought I'd ask anyway
When bolt is locked back I am unable to feed rounds into tube. I can't move the elevator upwards. But I can feed directly into chamber and press bolt release button. then feed into the tube.

PS: rounds used were Estate, Winchester, Federal. 2 3/4 between 1140 and 1240 fps.

Attachments

• 20170909_134242_resized.jpg
    20170909_134242_resized.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 22
I had a double feed one time when I put to much oil on the shell release were it makes contact with the shell. #4 is the way it's designed. Not sure why but some 930's have some strange issues until a couple hundred rounds are put through them then they seem to clear up.

Back