• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Or3Gun Enhanced Competition Follower and Mossberg 930 SPX Part?

TomBerg

Copper BB
I bought a Or3Gun Enhanced Competition Follower and installed it in place of the factory one in my Mossberg 930 SPX. I was unable to load the 7th round after I did this. I removed this little white plastic part from the magazine tube and then it worked fine.

What is this part? There is no mention of it on the Mossberg Website and it does not show up on the parts diagram. Is it critical?

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_145000943_2.jpg
    IMG_20200113_145000943_2.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 13
There is nothing that resembles that in my SPX, especially in the mag tube. There is nothing white in my SPX.

It is at the end cap of the Mag Tube opposite the Mag follower. The spring fits inside the skinnier part. My SPX was bought new last October. I called Mossberg and they said it is a legit part and is needed for reliable feeding. Their words not mine.

Interesting way of resolving the spring-kinking issue. It's 1.5-2" long, I'm guessing? Theoretically, it could help with spring alignment, reducing hangups at the mag extension joint. Mag springs do not typically compress evenly, from the center, and over time, become stacked on the ends, i.e., if you look at a well-worn mag spring, and a new one, it will have more coils/inch at the ends, while the center section will generally be closer to, "in spec". That cup is basically an inverted guiderod.

Not knocking OR3Gun's product, but I really like this:https://www.hfd2.com/defender . I do cut my springs on the long side, and nary a problem, since going from Vang's stainless to these.

Back