• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OR3GUN modifications/upgrade.

Fumbles

.22LR
So I had ordered the goodies from OR3GUN for my Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series.

I fit these all a little while back but I wanted to get a few through the shottie before I started making any claims. I feel the shotgun is definitely overall better, in feel and operation but most likely the biggest benefits will be long term, reliability and wear etc.

Overall the JM Pro functions smooth as silk. Is it any smoother than stock? I can't say for sure. I did not shoot it all that much before I put these goodies in. One thing is for sure, it functions perfectly with the new parts, no issues and easy to fit them.

Maybe it's my imagination but it seems to run a little cleaner in the spacer tube area, don't ask me how.....the perforations in the Marine Spacer Tube perhaps?

I do know the bolt release is awesome and easy to operate. The follower is easy to see and the Competition Spring Plunger and the Adjustable Spring Retainer are supposed to help wear inside the recoil tube wall....and also allow one to tailor the spring rate depending on what loads you might be running.

I installed the Competition Forearm Retainer but did not do the suggested modifications. As it is I think the forearm sits a little higher on the gun with the new CFR, which is good. It also seems to hold the forearm more securely to me. At a later stage I'm going to purchase a solid lifter or have mine welded up. At this point I will further open up the loading port, bevel the edges.... and I will then shape the forearm.

Some random images.

I also added a different bolt handle.

I fabricated my own match saver out of aluminum flat stock, PVC tubing and Velcro-based on pictures of commercial one's. I have since changed the Velcro to Industrial quality, which has a much more sturdy hold...... and I trimmed any excess so nothing sticks out on either side of the holder itself. Much cleaner install.

Anyway, that's it. I'm pleased with how it came out and the quality of the OR3GUN components....plus, I just like anodized blue. I used a blue Sharpie for my match saver......:D. I mainly posted this for the fun of it and to show anyone thinking of doing same or similar, that it is easy and painless to do.

Last edited:
I have those same OR3GUN componants in my 930.

I cant say I had many issues with the gun prior, I just like to tinker.

I used the Nordic knurled bolt handle for a while too and then one day it flew out and I never saw it again. I think I may have been dumass and installed it backwards, though it never did fit that tight.

Good job, I think you will like the results.

Thanks MikeD. Strange about the Nordic knob. Maybe it was an install thing or perhaps a flaw in the manufacture or something. That said, I'll make sure I keep my original bolt knob in my tools/lube/parts kit that I take with me when I shoot. Just in case the same happens to me. So far so good though and I like the feel of it and that it is a tickle longer.

Thinking randomly......wouldn't it be nice if Magpul got into the shotgun game and made cool stocks for them....perhaps with storage compartments? Where you could put small parts like the bolt handle or batteries for a red dot etc etc.

Thanks MikeD. Strange about the Nordic knob. Maybe it was an install thing or perhaps a flaw in the manufacture or something. That said, I'll make sure I keep my original bolt knob in my tools/lube/parts kit that I take with me when I shoot. Just in case the same happens to me. So far so good though and I like the feel of it and that it is a tickle longer.

Thinking randomly......wouldn't it be nice if Magpul got into the shotgun game and made cool stocks for them....perhaps with storage compartments? Where you could put small parts like the bolt handle or batteries for a red dot etc etc.

Magpul does maks a nice stock for the 500 and 870. Nothing for the 930 that I am aware of.

Looks great! I have OR3GUN parts on both my 930 SPX and my 935 Mag. Awesome products and company.

Back