• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Outdoor cooking for everyone, post away your outdoor dishes.

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
@dieselmudder here ya are buddy, 5 pound pork shoulder, onions c carrots, taters and some sausage.
2 cups chicken stock. I put on coals at 1300 we ate at 1800. Carrots onions taters sausage added 2 hours into cook at 1500. Also browned meat all sides in the pot dab of oil to start, then added liquid stock. As dad used to say, tender as a mothers love for an afflicted child.
0609191527.jpg 0609191811_20190610122340885.jpg 0609191800_20190610122426604.jpg

That looks mighty fine. I'm usually in a hurry to meal prep, so I often put my meat in still frozen, and let it slow cook. Never take the time to sear the outside.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

That looks mighty fine. I'm usually in a hurry to meal prep, so I often put my meat in still frozen, and let it slow cook. Never take the time to sear the outside.

I highly recommend sear each side of roast etc... Helps seal but mostly gives ya those yum flavora bits in bottom of pan for the juice/gravy. Worth a couple minutes if ya do like a beef pot roast especially.

Hi fellow Foodies.

FYI, if you have a Kroger supermarket nearby and you have a Kroger Customer Card they have ON SALE this week USDA CHOICE whole beef brisket for just $1.99/pound. I haven't seen it that low in years!

I buy hot dogs and bologna that cost that much (and more) per pound. <grin>

Hi fellow Foodies.

FYI, if you have a Kroger supermarket nearby and you have a Kroger Customer Card they have ON SALE this week USDA CHOICE whole beef brisket for just $1.99/pound. I haven't seen it that low in years!

I buy hot dogs and bologna that cost that much (and more) per pound. <grin>
Our Kroger over in Calhoun also had Boston Butts for .99 cent a pound ! , I stocked upon them for us and church

Whipped up a little fire and grilled some brats with the youngest daughter yesterday evening
3e0132f17258113351017d2099be0db9.jpg

I've got a pickles as well. With the more triangulated spade. Works very well when chopping like a mattock

Back