1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Outdoor cooking for everyone, post away your outdoor dishes.

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by Djcala, Jun 10, 2019.

1. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

Looks a little over done.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Damn, some fine dishes to be had.
  3. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Tasted a little over awesome to me , 2 carnivores eating steak and apple pie with bowie knives in the dark after not camping together fir years while he was off serving , it was frkn purfect in my book.......
    Now I remenebr why I killed the inet for a few months , click
    Dave out 0927192134.jpg
    meanstreak and dieselmudder like this.
  4. dieselmudder

Pre packaged Pork Carnita from the freezer aisle on the right, and some red bell pepper and onion on the left. Directions for the pork were to boil until tender. I ended up opening up the package and putting in with the veggies to finish.

[​IMG]

meanstreak and John A. like this.
  5. dieselmudder

Split chicken breasts, with a halved onion seasoned and cooked about an hour, then added corn on the cob, baby red potatoes and baby carrots. Seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary. Total cook time was about 4 hours. It was breezy so had to replenish coals about every half hour.

Also a quick backpack lunch of chicken fettuccine, and canned chicken, with MRE fruit punch, made on the Coleman 530. With the 3 year old.[​IMG][​IMG]

hombre243 and meanstreak like this.
  6. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

What a great way to bond with your daughter and teach at the same time. +10
  7. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

We HAD a decent 2-burner propane grill that was in decent condition, just not used in a while. Surface rust, cobwebs, could use a good cleaning but definitely functional and stored out of the way. Demented wife snuck it to the curb one garbage night and a scrapper probably grabbed it. :mad: For whatever reason she opted to put the grates in my trailer instead of including them so someone might be able to use the grill. :mad: (rant over)

Lamenting the loss of our grill, my kids had wanted to do a barbecue for my Bday a few weeks ago. I then remembered I had bought a little grill for $20 about 15 years ago and proceeded to forget about it. We found it in the shed, still NIB and assembled it. I also had some utensils NIB bought at auction for $7. They've been sitting around for 10 years. [​IMG] And the 20lb to little can propane adapter hose was around $20, also NIB, I forget where I got it but it has been around for the last few hurricanes, 1-2 years.

Before cooking, I had my son hook up the hose and showed him how to check for leaks with soapy water. Had a tiny leak at the can connector stopped with an extra oomph on the connector with gloved hand. Then he got it lit and we let it burn off the China juice for 20min or so as advised in the instructions.

My daughter brought home some food and she, her boyfriend and my son cooked up some goodies for us. Shisk-ka-mes, steaks, cheeseburgers, asparagus, potatoes and so on. Tomatos and lettuce for the burgers in the kitchen. Twizzlers and ice cream for dessert. [​IMG] Not bad for their first barbecue. [​IMG] It was all them--I had nothing to do with it ...

grill3.jpg
    grill4.jpg
    grill5.jpg
  8. dieselmudder

I picked up a vintage boy scout mess kit on ebay awhile back. And she has laid claim to it. Loves when I get any of the coleman grills out, always wants to cook her share in it, and eat with it. I didnt get a picture but I did a couple fried eggs in it that morning and she couldnt have been happier

Bobster and meanstreak like this.
  9. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Suffering thru quarantine best we can:oldman:
    Bacon wrap filets, smoke sausage, bbq grill corn and sweet grill onions today 0427201821.jpg