• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

PA House of Reps gun rights judiciary committee

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
They are saying their has been no opposition to these bills we need to wake up or its OVER

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/cteeInfo/Index.cfm?CteeBody=H&Code=24&mobile_choice=suppress

Upcoming Meetings

JUDICIARY
appointment_icon.png
Add to Calendar Outlook (iCal) or Google Calendar
Public hearing on Public Safety Hearing on gun laws and violence.
Room 205
Ryan Office
JUDICIARY
appointment_icon.png
Public hearing on Public Safety Hearing on Gun Laws and Violence.
Room 140
Main Capitol
JUDICIARY
appointment_icon.png
Public hearing on public safety on gun laws and violence.
Room 205
Ryan Office

We're going down. And I hate to say this....
Not enough people give two shits about this.....

What laws are being proposed?
We have all the "common sense" laws proposed every year. They always die in committee. At least so far they have. My local rep is a great guy and I'm trying to find out of any of these proposed laws have a chance.

We have rallies coming up but they aren't that well advertised and the biggest will be on a Monday. That's good because they will be in session. That's bad because it won't be as well attended on a normal work day.

Here is a great place to check out the resistance in PA...http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10

I have been concerned that PA will eventually fold. To many Fudd's who are just happy if their hunting rifles are off limits and to many that think it won't happen here. The anti gunners just need the right timing. We had a democrat governor from Philly that would have signed any anti gun law sent to him but he didn't have the state house. We had a republican governor that would not sign any gun laws. Right now we have an Obama want-to-be sitting their with a pen in his hand waiting.

We have all the "common sense" laws proposed every year. They always die in committee. At least so far they have. My local rep is a great guy and I'm trying to find out of any of these proposed laws have a chance.

We have rallies coming up but they aren't that well advertised and the biggest will be on a Monday. That's good because they will be in session. That's bad because it won't be as well attended on a normal work day.

Here is a great place to check out the resistance in PA...http://forum.pafoa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10

I have been concerned that PA will eventually fold. To many Fudd's who are just happy if their hunting rifles are off limits and to many that think it won't happen here. The anti gunners just need the right timing. We had a democrat governor from Philly that would have signed any anti gun law sent to him but he didn't have the state house. We had a republican governor that would not sign any gun laws. Right now we have an Obama want-to-be sitting their with a pen in his hand waiting.

wait till they try to require liability insurance for ownership..... been put up a few times here in NY.

wait till they try to require liability insurance for ownership..... been put up a few times here in NY.
I'm sure they will get around to that one. Right now they really want a PA semi auto ban and smaller mags to get the ball rolling.

Updated status in PA:

Harrisburg) -- State House lawmakers have completed their final session in a two-week series of Judiciary Committee hearings on gun violence.
They were inspired by the call for tougher gun laws in the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida that killed 17 people.
Despite some agreement on the importance of the issue, lawmakers are struggling mightily with solutions.
They tangled over one proposal after another, from expanding background checks, to arming teachers, to mandating schools install metal detectors, to banning AR-15 style weapons
But GOP Committee Chairman Ron Marsico said a few rare bills do have bipartisan support.
"Is there going to be a consensus?" he asked. "I would think so, but I'm not sure. So, we have a few weeks to go through these bills with our members and with staff to see if we do have consensus."
One of the most popular measures--pitched largely as a domestic-violence-prevention bill--would require people under restraining orders to surrender their weapons to police, not friends or family.
It has already passed the Senate.
Another would allow prosecution of people charged with attempted violent crimes if they carry firearms.
GOP sponsor Seth Grove of York County noted, it would basically fix a legal oversight.
"House Bill 2275 simply does a drafting, easy fix," he said. "But the consequences of this issue are very real."
Marsico said after a review of all the proposed legislation is done, he's planning another hearing for next month.
This time, he is hoping to bring in members of the public to give testimony.

I can't imagine liability insurance would be very expensive, because, legal gun owners who would be able to get liability insurance are not committing crimes with guns.

A problem comes when the government starts requiring insurance agencies to give up the goods on their clients.

Unlike apple and similar companies, insurance companies are directly regulated by the government and operate at the government's pleasure. They would cave right away.

Back