• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, Death Count at 158 and Rising

Trump also talked of warrantless searches too. Neither that or forced religious registration/tracking pass Constitutional muster. I am all for doing what we can but neither of those will get my support. He has made a new jump against Carson since the Paris attack and he's blustering to maximize the moment.

It's not a religion by our standards.

We need to officially re-classify what a religion is IMHO.

And by a constitutional convention, not by the courts.

But yeah, Trump is no scholar of the law. We can't have random searches.
Ya gotta have warrants for police actions.
Military doesn't need them, but our police are not our military.
Sending in the Feds? Better have warrants.

Anyhow, I couldn't vote for Trump. He's a total crook.

Last edited:
I could almost vote for Cruz if he wasn't so gawdawful slick.

I'm just upset today. A FFL gun dealer was busted here in Clovis.
He's from Iran, but seems a pretty regular citizen. We have lots of Iranians here BTW.
Anyhow they just raided his place, took 500 guns, and claimed he has a history of depression or something.

<EDIT> I moved this stuff to a new thread.

Last edited:
It's not a religion by our standards.

We need to officially re-classify what a religion is IMHO..
I will still disagree. 1) I don't want anyone telling me what my religion is or isn't. Thus, it also isn't my place to define what the religion of others is or isn't. 2) the Constitution needs to protect the rights of all people, even the unpopular. I can't stand the Westboro Baptist church but they have a right to exist. It's why the KKK, Nazi's etc have a right to public demonstration.

The world and our country has a muslim problem but we must deal with them within the framework of the Constitution. It's also your right to promote and have a Constitutional Convention but even if we did, I would not want freedom of religion to be touched.

Well, Mike, I'm no constitutional scholar either, but from what I understand the constitution frees us from state-enforced religion but does not say what isn't acceptable.

WBBC is a wart on the face of all Christians, all Baptists, and all religion in general, of course.

If our government doesn't somehow recognise that fact publically, it is demoralizing to the honest citizens.

The government is supposed to promote the general welfare. Nothing says it must promote insanity.

If people go insane, they take away their guns. If a religion goes insane, we have to have a way to diagnose that & do something appropriate.

Last edited:
As for Islam being a religion or not;

Here's the most important part in my estimation. It's not religion in as much as its a theocracy of dictatorial proportion.

@Rossignol That's a very apt description.

Of course everybody wants to rule the world.
It's frakkin human nature for people to want that, as they have proved through time untold.

When our leaders are disingenuous enough to tell us OF ANY FOREIGN GROUP that they are peaceful and wonderful people who only want a better life free from war and don't want to rule the world or the USA or Hamtramck Michigan or take over our culture, economy, political system, educational system, media etc, THEY ARE PLAYING US FOR FOOLS!

Sorry to shout....my blood pressure isn't normal right now.

It doesn't help when Trump talks about 250,000 Syrian immigrants, then the state dept. tells us, " . . . of the roughly 2,000 Syrian refugees who have come into the U.S., the State Department says that half are children, 2.5 percent are older than age 60, the sexes are split about equally, and only 2 percent are single men of combat age. "(MSN)

The figures are low, but even then they disguise the real numbers from the illiterate public who don't have a clue what 2.5% of 2000 is. Of the 2000:

1000 are under 18 (or 21? how do they count kids?) Any teen terrorists in there?

Of the other 1000:

2.5% = 50, so 50 are over 60.
OK, well I'm over 60 and I'm deadly as hell sir. This is blatant age discrimination.
Didn't anybody mention not to mess with old guys? I'm a manufacturing engineer with a programming background and I can build computer controlled guns and bombs far more deadly that any recently seen. But I'm not a terrorist, see?

I stand for the USA, like my fathers. Syrians can't claim that.

So are these 50 old folks just fat house wives and retired mailmen? I dunno.

That leaves 950 people.
If 2% are single combat-aged men 98% are not = 1960 people minus the 50 old folks and 1000 kids = 910 people

to reiterate: 950-910=40 or,
2% of 2000 = 40 men. Same thing.

40 combat age men who we don't know.

Then if the sexes are split, maybe half of the remaining 910 are men of combat age who are married.
that's 455 men. My dad was married. He went to war 3 times. How many married men are in our Army?
Being married doesn't mean you won't kill an enemy. (Even one who befriends you.)
WTF does marriage mean to a terrorist serving allah? Not much.

So we have 455+40=495 combat age men.

About 500 guys! Suddenly it sounds a lot worse than "2%". Suddenly you can see the way our POTUS will purposely mislead Americans to fulfil his evil agenda.

500 potential terrorists, already coming here, but you won't hear that on TV.

Here's another thing about your numbers. Those come from the state department, and the state department can't provide sources for those numbers. Those numbers are seemingly pulled from the air. Or perhaps somewhere else.

Well, Mike, I'm no constitutional scholar either, but from what I understand the constitution frees us from state-enforced religion but does not say what isn't acceptable.

WBBC is a wart on the face of all Christians, all Baptists, and all religion in general, of course.

If our government doesn't somehow recognise that fact publically, it is demoralizing to the honest citizens.

The government is supposed to promote the general welfare. Nothing says it must promote insanity.

If people go insane, they take away their guns. If a religion goes insane, we have to have a way to diagnose that & do something appropriate.
I totally understand your frustration but I think we (the west) need to proceed ever so cautiously with regard to anything relating to how we deal with things like freedom of religion or freedom of speech within our own borders. I don't know what the ultimate solution will be. However, I would think it has to start AND end within the existing framework of the rule of law and constitutional freedoms. Anything more would infringe our rights and then we're only tearing down our own houses...exactly what the jihadists want, an end to our "filthy" way of life. We then play right into their hands.

I've said this before and I know it doesn't necessarily make the situation any easier to swallow...but freedom comes with inherent risk, I for one would rather have my freedom than any additional restraints put on my freedom to move, associate, speak my mind...even if I am a nut job.

I think what's needed more urgently, is a very cold, very hard and probably grossly unpopular look at immigration policy. Not politically correct but people have to learn (and they will eventually) that what you don't know CAN kill you.

So, hammer any terrorists that attempt anything here...give them death if they want it so badly. Jail or execute (after due process) anyone found guilty of planning domestic terrorism. Give no quarter to terrorists. Is part of the solution closing our borders to Muslims? Possibly.

The jihadists...they are a Muslim problem. Not a USA problem, not a Canada problem, not a France problem. They are a problem within Islam. IMHO, Islam needs to start rooting out their own scum if they ever expect to be legitimized by the western nations. I don't mean politicians...I mean us. Until they are willing to root out the infection themselves, give them up to the authorities or deal with them themselves (I mean death) then I say close the borders and the blood of innocents be on their own heads.

We however, we should keep doing what we do...living free. And protecting ourselves from maniacs who want to turn our world upside down.

My 2 cents....

The jihadists...they are a Muslim problem. Not a USA problem, not a Canada problem, not a France problem. They are a problem within Islam. IMHO, Islam needs to start rooting out their own scum ...

That's not gonna happen. By and large, what's happening is supported by "moderate" Muslims. They support sharia, they support genital mutilation, stoning of adulterers and gays, honor killings, cutting off limbs, beatings and public execution, pedophelia... The Muslims calling themselves moderate or mainstream support this and balk at the notion any of this is radical. They may not be actively involved in violent jihad, but they support it.

I'm not saying "all", but the majority. It's said as much as 86-87% of the Muslim population.

So should we be concerned about women and children? Have you seen the way the women revere their sons who have blown themselves up? Have you seen the training videos of children? Some of those Paris attackers were women intact. And we already know the administrations numbers of how many are fighting aged males is a sphincter inspired number rooted in bovine scatology.

There is a video somewhere of an imam asking for a show of hands from his congregation at a mosque of who supports what and he goes through a list of things being called radical. He asks how many of these people consider themselves radical. None of them thought of themselves as radical.

It may be a small percentage actually carrying out violent jihad. How many fought in the Revolutionary War? What percentage of the population supported those who fought? The number of people supporting violent jihad is far greater. We've seen what a small very focused group can do. A dozen people can do very much.

That's not gonna happen. By and large, what's happening is supported by "moderate" Muslims. They support sharia, they support genital mutilation, stoning of adulterers and gays, honor killings, cutting off limbs, beatings and public execution, pedophelia... The Muslims calling themselves moderate or mainstream support this and balk at the notion any of this is radical. They may not be actively involved in violent jihad, but they support it.

I'm not saying "all", but the majority. It's said as much as 86-87% of the Muslim population.

So should we be concerned about women and children? Have you seen the way the women revere their sons who have blown themselves up? Have you seen the training videos of children? Some of those Paris attackers were women intact. And we already know the administrations numbers of how many are fighting aged males is a sphincter inspired number rooted in bovine scatology.

There is a video somewhere of an imam asking for a show of hands from his congregation at a mosque of who supports what and he goes through a list of things being called radical. He asks how many of these people consider themselves radical. None of them thought of themselves as radical.

It may be a small percentage actually carrying out violent jihad. How many fought in the Revolutionary War? What percentage of the population supported those who fought? The number of people supporting violent jihad is far greater. We've seen what a small very focused group can do. A dozen people can do very much.
LOL...I like your way with words Rossi!! I totally agree...it probably won't happen. I don't see any other way though of Muslims ensuring our belief in their legitimacy upon wanting entry to a western country. So...closing the borders to them seems the only logical response.

And where we are needed to help deal with jihadists on foreign soil...then we go and deal with them accordingly. I think we need to look at joint forces among NATO countries....a LARGE contingent of allied Special Forces to deploy en masse and do what so many bleeding hearts just can't bear to think about. Go and deal death to those who do all those things you said above.

Anyone claiming their religion empowers them to harm and/or kill another, goes against every other religion in the world, except maybe satanism.

If in fact islam is granted that authority, then I know many people who are going to jump on board the next religion that will eradicate that. And be in a protected class in the process apparently.

I don't see any "western" religion killing muslims or anyone else that doesn't agree with them *(yet), but if allowed to continue, in enough time, it will.

And if the Gov't doesn't like that, then some kook will make up their own religion as they go, and it'll all be flushed down the toilet.

This should be seen everywhere. It's nearly 20 minutes but once you begin watching you don't even notice.

This is the proverbial train wreck you can't take your eyes off of.

Here's the other video I referenced. It's only 4 minutes. This is the imam asking by show of hands, who supports sharia and stuff prescribed in the koran.

Last edited:
Anyone claiming their religion empowers requires them to harm and/or kill another, goes against every other religion in the world, except maybe Satanism . . .

I fixed that for you. ;)

Jihad isn't optional, as I understand the Koran. You must "bugger yer neighbor" so to speak, if he's an infidel. Mohammedism is the religion which requires every one to join or suffer the scorn of Moslems.

Hardly the stuff world peace comes from.

Last edited:
Here's the other video I referenced. It's only 4 minutes. This is the imam asking by show of hands, who supports sharia and stuff prescribed in the koran.

I tend to believe that about half of those folks are brainwashed, and half just go along because they live in such a repressive society. It's Islam or Sanction.

You mention repressive society. But that's Britain.

Did you watch the other video?

I mean the society of moslems in which moslems circulate. They prey on each other as they prey on infidels. The mullahs toe the party line of Islam, regardless of the country.
Member moslems who don't do the same are pressured with the Koran's bloody descriptions of what to do with traitors to allah.

ummm...stoning, burning, beheading...lots of nice things.

I have to switch computers. This one is too balky to watch the whole videos.

Back