1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Parts

Discussion in 'Maverick 88 Pump Action' started by BCGuy, Dec 27, 2019.

1. BCGuy

BCGuy .410

Waiting to hear back from mossberg, but Im having a hell of a time getting two new extractor pins and a new firing pin. No body in Canada stocks parts and no body in the states seems to ship out of country. Any ideas? Besides buy another one which I already did...
  2. Woods Wanderer

Woods Wanderer .410

Have you tried Numrich/Gun parts corporation? I see they have the pins and they say on their website they ship those parts to Canada.
  3. BCGuy

BCGuy .410

Hey thanks that looks like a possible solution. Currently I was able to reassemble the bolt with some stuff I had lying around. However I have now found that the I ruined this mag tube when I tried to remove it. I dont think this one can be removed. I put some very slight crimps in the middle of the tube and it won't hold more than 2 shells now. At this point I think this unit is done. I may be able to get it working properly again, but I won't be able to trust it. Live and learn I guess.
  4. Woods Wanderer

Woods Wanderer .410

Use a hair drier or shop heat gun to loosen the lock-tite or whatever they use to install the mag tube. I did that on my 500 and it unscrewed by hand with no problems. You don't need to get it smoking hot and I used my shop heat gun and just get it warmer than you care to touch it with your bare hand, I suspect a hair drier on high heat would do the job. Can you straighten the tube out by pushing a proper diameter wooden dowel or piece of pipe thru it?
  5. BCGuy

BCGuy .410

I gotta say i have tried absolutely everything to get this off including a heat gun and a torch. I have an automotive shop so Ive had some pretty serious force and tools on this thing trying to get it off. If somehow I get it off I will try to true the tube like you said.
  6. BCGuy

BCGuy .410

I thought I may have read at somepoint that the long barrel 88's it can be removed and the short barrels it can not. But I can't back that up at all.
  7. BCGuy

BCGuy .410

I GOT IT OFF!!! I just torched the livin xxxx outta it and she came loose! Ill look for some wood dowling and see if i can true er up. The tube follower is stuck halfway down where the damage is.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2019
  8. Woods Wanderer

Woods Wanderer .410

I read someplace that they may have used two or more forms of lock tite on those tubes at the factory, one you have to get hot to remove and the other get it REALLY hot to remove. Just a tip, when you reassemble it don't use any lock tite at all, it can't go anyplace anyway and will be easier to remove in the future if need be.
  9. BCGuy

BCGuy .410

Yea when I torched it really good i could hear the locktite let go then it spun right off.