• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot .270 w/scope

CJ45lc

.22LR
Hey fellas, new guy hear just got a new rifle & it is the 1st Mossberg I have ever owned (I have no problem admitting I'm a Ruger fan) & was pretty much set on the Ruger American but...

When I went to order the rifle from our local shop the fella says take a look at this Mossberg, he had just gotten one in in 25-06 & said he could do much better on the price he had quoted for the Ruger. After comparing the two side by side the wood stock had pretty much hooked me & the price diff was a bonus so I ordered the Mossberg. The only thing that gave me pause was when he was placing the order he told me the Brand name of the scope was not available & sure enough when it came in there is nothing on the scope but the 3x9x40 marking but it looks pretty clear so we will see how it does, was hoping for the Vortex & who knows the scope on there might very well be made by them but they sure weren't proud enough to put their name on it lol.

Anyway I got 3 different brands of the 130 gr ammo he had & plan on sighting it in sometime this week & try to figure out which brand of ammo it likes. Hopefully I'll become as much a fan of Mossberg as I am of Ruger.

Pretty sure the no name scope is made by Bushnell. Nowhere near tip of the line but they do the job, and from what I've heard hold a zero. Hope you enjoy. I got a walnut patriot in 270 also. Haven't shot it yet, waiting to get a scope. And welcome CJ

Thanks for the info & welcome breeze. Was hoping to shoot mine this afternoon but the wind is blowing pretty good on the western slope today, maybe tomorrow or Sat. As long as the scope holds zero I believe I'll be happy with it.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum CJ !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.

Well I did get to put some lead through her yesterday. Set up at 100 yds at the house & finally got my AR w/bd scope sighted then got the .270 out & took a shot. Was not even on the paper so moved up to 25 yds & kneelt & got the shots on paper. Moved back to 50 yds & adjusted a little more but by then the wind was blowing pretty good so I called it quits. I was getting 3 shots within an inch kneeling at 50 with the cheapest 130 gr ammo I had. Cleaned the barrel w/Hoppes 9 & brass brush & will try another day lol. At least I did get 16 shots fired & the barrel cleaned so I'll say all was not lost hahaha

Finally got the rifle sighted, shooting 2" high at 100 yds, 3 shots less than an inch with the front of the rifle rested on a fence rail & me kneeling. Same results with Rem 130gr corelok & Win 130gr SP. The Fed 130gr shot 3 shots & the group opened up to 1 1/2". Must be a pretty good rifle because I really ain't that good of a shot lol...as long as that scope holds zero I'll be happy as a sissy in state prison hahaha

Back