• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot 308 ammo

I posted a couple times about my new patriot in .308. Igot my last best group with 150 grain hornady whitetail. I also am working on my shooting technicie. At the range the other day i tried a few horn. 168 grain and the fliers are gone with this ammo. The gun shoots better than i do and all shots were in the red (bullseye) thanks for the recommendations all

Good to know. I'm getting one inch groups with 150 grain core lokts in mine. I just bought a box of Hornady Anerican Whitetail to try. Thanks for the info.

Good stuff.

Sounds like both of you are pretty pleased with your rifles!

my 308 kyrptec banshee rifle likes corelocks 150 gr best of the three major brands Remington, federal, Winchester, I have yet to run any 168 grain stuff through it but I am sure it will tighten up, but have no problem with 1moa in any of the listed rounds

the 168 grain hpbt is the premiere weight in target ammo and I have some nice heavy barrel target guns that are scary accurate with that type ammo but I did not want to pack a 10 lb rifle on a deer hunt and 150 grain is available at reasonable cost and everywhere, so I use it to hunt with

I liked my first patriot so well that I recently added another 308 patriot in walnut furniture that will stay in the box, my daughter informed me she was pregnant so I used that as an excuse to buy my next grandchild a new rifle for when it gets old enough to deer hunt, the fact that it had a really nice grained stock with tiger stripes did not hurt,

I like the walnut stocks that Mossberg has on these rifles, but this one just stood out above the others that I have seen in the way it looked, so I jumped on it like a duck on a june bug

I've only shot 150gr through mine, Federal Power Shock Copper and I want to say Winchester Super X lead. I got much better results from the Power Shock ammo than the Super X. being that California is on the final year of complete copper phase in, I opted to go back to copper rounds. I recently purchased a couple boxes of Hornady Superformance GMX 165gr. Im hoping the combination of the bigger bullet and the copper gives me the results Im looking for. Ill update once I get a chance to hit the range again.

I am looking to get a .308 Patriot soon. Do you all have anything about the rifle you would change or is it fine as is out of the box?

my daughter informed me she was pregnant so I used that as an excuse to buy my next grandchild a new rifle for when it gets old enough to deer hunt, the fact that it had a really nice grained stock with tiger stripes did not hurt

Sorry that I missed this earlier.

Congratulations.

Our family also has the same tradition.

Back