• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot .375 Ruger question?

Well I got it shot 4 shots it did have some recoil but not as much as I thought it would. I'm still alive going to add more powder and try again. I did not mount a scope yet.

A little update I have been playing with the 375 a little bit and I really am liking it. The bolt was a little gritty when I first got it but a cleaning and some oil took care of that I think the Marinecoat finish may have contributed to that.
But it's getting better every time I pick it up.
I'm shooting 300gr blemishes I got from midway and at the moment I am moving them around 2525 and slowly moving up. Shooting well at short range with open sights have not decided what scope to put on it yet so it is iron for now. Stock could be a little longer for me so I'm thinking how to go about that.

Another small step.
As I work my way up the recoil goes up to so as a precaution I filled the but stock with sand. That added 1.2 pounds to overall weight this is just a quick fix for time being. Now 8.3 pounds and a little butt heavy I'm looking to add to the front to balance it out nothing permanent until I mount a scope. 50 yard group looks great.

Might want to check into a Boyd's replacement stock. They run around the $150 range but are laminated wood. Would help with recoil and keep balance.

I have looked at Boyd's stocks and in the future I'll go that way but for now I dumped the sand and made a weight that rides on a rod with springs on both sides it weighs about the same as the sand and mounts via a aluminum plate that spans but plate holes.
I will test fire it tonight.

Test fire never happened but it is getting a scope this weekend Vortex Crossfire 2-7x32 reason for this scope is that it has 3.9" of eye relife and can be mounted low.

Well I mounted scope it is quite compact and just fits about.090 to spare between length of scope and width of rings. Bolt handle just clears. Did not get bore sighted yet this is turning into a very slow process. To much going on and I have to go to work! They don't understand.

Back