• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot vs 4x4

So I'm in the market for a new rifle. I was pretty set on getting another 4x4 chambered in 25-06. I really wanted the laminate/marinecoat combo. Now I see they've changed over to the "patriot." The patriot is available in 25-06 but only wood matte finish. Other differences I've noted are a shorter barrel and a more conventional stock. What else am I missing? If I go patriot it'll have to be .270 Winchester to get the laminate marinecoat combo. Do we know when these will be available to order? I'm sure I can still find a 4x4 now if I go that route.

I would hold out for the patriot as it is a big improvement over the 4x4 and it should be available in the near future from what I have been told.

Had a look at the Patriot at the NRA show and I was very impressed. Well balanced, light and prettier than the 4x4. Wood was nicely figured but it had stippling instead of checkering on the forearm and pistol grip. Bolt was very smooth on both models I handled. If I'm in the market for a bolt gun this one will be on wish list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In pictures it looks like the same stippling as on the MVP's. Good stuff. Grippy and dings just disappear into the pattern.

Any idea when the patriot is supposed to hit the racks?

I'm interested in the 308 Win with the 20" fluted barrel and classic wood stock (#27862).

If I go patriot it'll have to be .270 Winchester to get the laminate marinecoat combo.

You probably really cannot go wrong here... If the .270 won't do the job you still have that .338 don't you? Lol I've been toying with the idea of a .270 instead of 30-06

And I just went thru the whole 270 v, Odd Six comparison. If it comes down to equal for you - the Odd Sic has more bullet/ammo choices.

For hunting bigger hooved game, also like the ,30 caliber v. the 270 but first and foremost - shot placement is the key.

And I just went thru the whole 270 v, Odd Six comparison. If it comes down to equal for you - the Odd Sic has more bullet/ammo choices.

For hunting bigger hooved game, also like the ,30 caliber v. the 270 but first and foremost - shot placement is the key.

Back