• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot vs Trophy Hunter

Model 195

.22LR
Anyone know what the difference is? I was looking at a Trophy Hunter with scope. It looked like it had a wood stock, but didn't look like walnut. Patriot is suppose to be walnut I think and have Vortex scope. What scope does Trophy Hunter have? Thanks

I have a Trophy Hunter in .270, which is the same as the 4x4 with a more traditional stock. The rifle documents referred to it as a 4x4 -- I believe the Trophy Hunter version was an exclusive done for Dick's Sporting Goods. Anyway, it's a nice rifle and I believe the Patriot uses the same action and barrel. Would like to know if that's not true.

That's where I seen it, at Dick's. I'm thinking about getting one, probably 243 or 308. Where do you find spare magazine at and how much are they? When I asked at Dick's the guy didn't have any and couldn't find them.

I guess you would get magazines from Mossberg. You would get the 4x4 magazines. Maybe the Patriot uses the same magazine.

PS, I like the Trophy Hunter a lot. The stock is nice and solid, the rifle cycles easily, the bolt is super smooth, I like the magazine a lot, it's just a lot of rifle for the money. The scope it comes with is good enough for me out to 200 yards, holds zero just fine. My only complaint would be the recoil pad -- it's thin and hard, not much help.

Back