1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Perfecting "perfection"

Discussion in 'The Workbench: Builds And Modifications' started by oli700, Feb 22, 2018.

1. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

unnamed2.jpg unnamed.jpg Took a little Glock adventure .....they should all come this way
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    meanstreak and cmcdonald like this.
  2. oli700

3. oli700

4. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

Nicely done!
    oli700 likes this.
  5. oli700

thank you sir . I sat with the thought for a long time .....once I started I was good . I knew it was for me when I seen it on others because it addressed everything I didn't like about it . I just didn't want to pay the 400 to have it done .....thought I was a fiddler crab when I was done
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

The first cut is always the deepest.

There have been quite a few times I have sat and stared at something debating in my mind "Do I really want to do this?"

Usually, I just take a deep breath, swallow a stiff shot of moonshine to calm the hands, and just go with it.

I like what you did recessing the area around the mag release. That was a good idea and will give your thumb a lot more room to do its' thing.

I also appreciate that you didn't go hog wild and overboard on the stipling. It looks good just the way it is.

I wasn't sure what to expect when reading the title when it said perfection, then I opened the topic and saw a glock sitting there and I was like, all disappointed and stuff.

I was expecting to see a CZ or something.

But I remembered they don't need any kind of work like that. They come perfect out of the box.

:p

Just kidding.

Sort of.

You really did do good on that.
    meanstreak and oli700 like this.
  7. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Well done!!
    oli700 likes this.
  8. silverback

silverback .410

Well done. I just went with poly 80 frame.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    oli700 and John A. like this.
  9. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I've been wanting to do that too, but the parts to finish them costs a lot more than a whole new gun from what I can tell.
    meanstreak and oli700 like this.
  10. zzrguy

zzrguy .410

I just picked up a gen 5 the other week I finally found a glock that I like no finger groves.
    meanstreak likes this.