• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Phoenix, Arizona residents ... Howdy

catnphx

.270 WIN
Really? Of the great gun states of Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Wyoming nobody has posted in this section?

Anybody been to Ben Avery range in North Phoenix? It's one of only 15 Five Star shooting ranges in the country. The good news is that for the past 9 years I've lived only 1 1/2 miles from it. The bad news is that I went for the 1st time just a couple of days ago. We had a great time and I'll be going back again very soon. I was born in Phoenix and raised in Phoenix and Tucson and I've NEVER been to a actual range before ... always just shot in the desert. But its getting harder and harder to find good desert to shoot in anymore.

Anybody know of a good desert area in North Phoenix to shoot?

Hey Cat, not in Phoenix. Further North in Prescott Valley.
I've shot at Ben Avery a lot. My Wife and I used to do Cowboy Action Shooting.

A place to shoot? Try up north near New River, West off of Table Mesa Rd.

gumbydammit said:
Hey Cat, not in Phoenix. Further North in Prescott Valley.
I've shot at Ben Avery a lot. My Wife and I used to do Cowboy Action Shooting.

A place to shoot? Try up north near New River, West off of Table Mesa Rd.

Sorry for the late response, I just noticed some action down in this part of the forum.

Yes, it's getting very busy in the Table Mesa area ... so much that I don't like taking my kids there. Prescott Valley is only 45 minutes from my house and we are up there often (especially in the summer) walking my German Shepherd around Lynx Lake. Plus, I have an Aunt that lives in Dewey (though I never seem to visit her much).

Ben Avery is a great range and during the summer I've been getting there around 7:15am to beat the heat.

Hay, Cat & Gum;

Hello from down south!
Never shot in the Phoenix area so I can't say anything about that range but it sounds nice. :cool:

I've got a lot of open areas in the southwest here to plink. :D

Be safe and have fun.

Lateck,

Howdy fellow Arizonians. I think maybe we keep a low profile.

Ya, it's getting harder to find a place to shoot. Several I used to go to are either built up now or closed to "target practice". Still seasonal hunting in some areas though. Part of the problem is our fellow shooters. They are sometimes unsafe putting hiker, biker, and equestrian at risk. Mostly many are slobs leaving trash, shot up cactus, TVs, computer stuff, and other shot up stuff with loads of empties laying everywhere. I get tired of picking up so don't do it as often. Most quad riders are as bad for trashing the desert. I can see it getting all closed down someday.

I go early AM towards Four Peaks. Side of the side road. Shoot, pickup, heading back in by 09:00.
Seems to work and it's cool then.

Back