1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Phoenix Technology Tactical Series Adjustable Stock Kicklite

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by DHonovich, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt .270 WIN

Re: Phoenix Technology Tactical Series Adjustable Stock Kick

My Phoenix Technology Kicklite Adjustable Stock arrived today...

... and its damaged. Corner of the box is completely crushed in and has a hole in it. The blister pack was shattered and parts are missing. Hopefully UPS and DPHarms will take care of it and get me a new one by the weekend, but I won't hold my breath.
  2. Matt12

Matt12 Copper BB

It's been a few years since this thread was started. I'd like to get something to help with recoil for my 500.

I know there's also something similar from Blavkhawk, but it's not available.

Is this still the best for recoil reduction? Anything else I should look at?

Thank you!
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. Ernst

Ernst .270 WIN Supporter "Philanthropist"

Something much cheaper you might try is a Limbsaver recoil pad.

Relatively cheap and works good.

Regards
    meanstreak, Matt12 and Bobster like this.
  4. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

What Ernst said--Limbsaver. It will add a 1/2' or so to LOP so be sure to consider that.

BTW: Welcome Aboard! :)
    meanstreak and Matt12 like this.
  5. Matt12

Matt12 Copper BB

Thanks gentlemen!
    meanstreak and Bobster like this.
  6. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

This short VIDEO with Rob Haught describes the "push-pull" technique of shotgun shooting to reduce felt recoil. An "oldie" (10yo) but still a goodie! :)

PS: looks like he is using a "shortie" (14"?) Remmy 870...
  7. Matt12

Matt12 Copper BB

Thanks, Bobster, that video is gold!

Two/three questions on the limbsaver:

1. The PDF on their website is a little confusing. It looks like I need to remove the stock recoil pad and trace the outline of the stock to find the right one to buy for my 500. Is that right? It's no problem, I just need to crack open a fresh inkjet cartridge if that's the case.

2. There's Precision Fit vs. Slip-on and Classic vs. Airtech. Any suggestions there?
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. Ernst

Ernst .270 WIN Supporter "Philanthropist"

Matt, I'd recommend you start with a slip on version of the Limbsaver.

They come in four sizes:
    • Small fits stocks measuring 4-1/2 x 1-1/2 inches to 4-13/16 x 1-5/8 inches
    • Small/Medium fits stocks measuring 4-5/8 x 1-9/16 inches to 5-1/8 x 1-3/4 inches
    • Medium fits stocks measuring 4-13/16 x 1-5/8 inches to 5-1/8″ x 1-3/4 inches
    • Large fits stocks measuring 5-1/8 x 1-3/4 inches to 5-3/8 x 1-7/8 inches
    Just measure the butt stock end to get the correct pad size.

The other thing you need to be aware of is that they typically increase the LOP by about one inch. Usually not a big deal.

Regards
  9. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Like Ernst said--we are talking about the slip-on. If you have an Academy or similar store, bring the gun or at least the stock in and try one from the shelf.