• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picatinny rail on my 500

BB313

.22LR
Was in Walmart the other day and checking out the discount area, saw a picatinny for the top of my 500 12 gauge. Of course i bought it, it was about 5 bucks.
So its on now, what should I put on top of it? I occasionally use it to shoot trap and when at home, have it set up with the short barrel for home defense.
So what should I put on to as a sight?

Pawpaw has a nice option there.

I'm using one of the small Bushnell TRS25 red dots on my 500.

Though, on the shotgun, I much prefer one with a circle dot though like the eotech reticle.

qyKhoNR.jpg

For those of you w red dots or similar on multiple guns. Do you find there is any advantage to having the same on cross platforms? Getting your eye quicker to target recognition or it doesn’t seem to matter?

I personally like the circle dot (like the eotech) better than any other type.

My eye doesn't pick up as fast on the small dot type reticles.

I ran a Sightmark, on mine for awhile. 4 different reticle options. Only issue I had was the battery cover would come loose occasionally. And you would loose the reticle. I ended up going from tacticool, back to traditional. Before that I ran a Tasco red dot for a long time. I cant say wether it was an improvement, as I was a pretty young shooter back then.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Back