• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pistol caliber long guns/Carbines

Only pistol caliber rifle i have is a Jm Marli 1894s 44 magnum, sweet shooter for sure.

I have 2 Hi Point carbines, a 9mm and a .45 ACP. They both are ugly but they are a lot of fun to shoot. Very accurate and will digest any ammo that I put in them.

Kinda on topic...it's considered a pistol by BATFE.

Taurus / Rossi Ranch Hand.

It is a lever action repeating pistol holding 6 in the tubular mag...+1 in the chamber and will shoot both the .44 Magnum and .44 Special cartridge from it's 12" barrel. Overall length is 23 1/2" and it weighs in at 4 lbs. The metal is a matte blue and the furniture is made from Brazilian hard woods.

If the firearm itself looks familiar to some of you, it's because of the 60's TV series called Wanted: Dead or Alive starring a very young Steve McQueen
as Josh Randall, a Civil War veteran who carried a sawed-off rifle as a holstered weapon and made a living as a bounty hunter in the Wild West of the 1870s. The show ran from 1958 to 1961. McQueen faked a car accident to put the series into hiatus while he went on to film The Magnificent Seven.

{ ...and yes...those cartridges below would never fit into that pictured rifle...they are there only for show... }

WantedDeadorAlive-1.jpg

I'll have another contribution to post up here after I pick it up tomorrow.

This one's in .45acp... ;)

Kinda on topic...it's considered a pistol by BATFE.

Taurus / Rossi Ranch Hand.

I would really like to know how you find that thing to shoot. Can you bring it up to your shoulder...even "kind of"? Might be a decent home defense weapon, if I (or more importantly, my wife) can hit something with it. Take care. Tom Worthington

That is a very unique design for sure.

Let me know how it runs.

Will do.

Broke it down this evening and it's incredibly simple. Taking it out for a spin in the morning and I'll post up a range report after...

I know those sights came on the gun, but I'm not a fan of that type of apertures.

I have a set around here somewhere similar to those and they just weren't doing it for me.

I have found that the Command Arms flip sights are much better. Especially at 100 yards or less, which is where you'll probably be using this carbine most of the time.

These have more of a straight line point from a lack of better description and the front post being more straight up than curved, fits within the rear sight channel which helps line the gun up on the shoulder to the target quickly.

I have added them to the smg and also the bullpup sks and can't see myself taking them off.
713mLWBqT3L._SL1500_.jpg

718BAv3oBQL._SL1500_.jpg

Heckuva .45 Carbine. Pretty neat recoil spring design. I'm sure you tied up a lot of cash for that one!

How is the cheek weld?

Me wants to shoot that gun for sure. It really looks great L.E.S.~~~

Thanks nite.

They can be a bit pricey, but I got a REALLY good deal on this one.

Cheek weld isn't too bad. Have to ride it a little higher than I'm used to, but I just tuck the foot of the stock into the pocket to compensate and it works out fine. Their new "enhanced" models will be released with a non-folding AR-15 buffer tube and a Magpul UBR stock. They're already selling the stock adapter, so it'll be a realtively inexpensive and simple conversion if I decide to go that route. For now I'm just gonna run it as is and get used to it in factory configuration...

I know those sights came on the gun, but I'm not a fan of that type of apertures.

I have a set around here somewhere similar to those and they just weren't doing it for me.

I have found that the Command Arms flip sights are much better. Especially at 100 yards or less, which is where you'll probably be using this carbine most of the time.

These have more of a straight line point from a lack of better description and the front post being more straight up than curved, fits within the rear sight channel which helps line the gun up on the shoulder to the target quickly.

I have added them to the smg and also the bullpup sks and can't see myself taking them off.
713mLWBqT3L._SL1500_.jpg

718BAv3oBQL._SL1500_.jpg

I like the dioptic aperture.

Been running the Troy version on three of my ARs and have been very happy with them. Different strokes I guess...

Back