• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pistol grip 590A1 (18.5 BBL) Trigger Assembly won't remove

TNSAF

.22LR
I am a new gun owner and am following the owner manual and also even watching a youtube video which shows an entire disassembly of the 590A1 and I still can't get the trigger housing to come out. I have removed the retainer pin (the correct one) and am basically doing everything the manual told me to and it still won't come. The 590A1 the guy is demonstrating on in the video is not a pistol grip, and the owner manual gives a lot of general guidance throughout and I'm wondering if the trigger housing in my model stays in, or do I have to remove the pistol grip as well before removing the trigger housing? I even knocked on it with a rubber hammer a bit to try and loosen it up maybe and it was just as stiff afterwards. Not budging.

Can anyone give me some insight? Thanks guys.

Re: Pistol grip 590A1 (18.5 BBL) Trigger Assembly won't rem

you have to remove the pistol grip for it to come out. if you have any more questions let me know and i can explain with pictures.

Geez, all I can say is I am glad to be a Mossberg owner. Everyone is so helpful. Thank you so much. Pictures would be good, but if it's too much trouble don't worry.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3495&start=25

Click the link above and go to the 2nd page about half way down... curly says it better than anyone.

we have modified ours so that the stock will come off without having to undo the castle nut on the threaded part of the stock. it is a pain it the you know what and if you drill out the end of the stock as seen in the photos in the above thread it makes it a breeze to clean your rifle.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum TNSAF !!

Ok I tried to take the buttstock off first and my brother and I can't figure out how to do it. I called Mossberg and the guy on the phone who was trying to tell me how to do it I don't think really knew what he was talking about. He did not seem interested in explaining the step by step process of how to do this, or maybe he just didn't know what he wa talking about. Could someone do me a huge favor and tell me the step by step of how to get this done? Thanks!

I pm'ed you my number for if you have any questions but i'll give you a quick rundown.

first on the underside of the gun inbetween the stock and pistol grip is a tiny allen wrench screw that needs to come loose so that you can back the castle nut off of the stock. Just crack it loose and you will be able to turn the whole stock out. it is long winded so just keep turning (lefty loosey as viewed from the rear. then once you get it off there will be a big screw in the backside. take it off and then take your trigger pin out and you are half way there to having your gun completly tore apart(in a good way!) Let me know if you have any issues

Back