• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Play in lever and trigger

nkt275

Copper BB
Hey everybody,
I'm new to the forum and for that matter lever guns. Always wanted one so i went ahead and bought the Mossberg 464 based on all the good reviews and the fact that it is American made (was thinking about a Rossi at one point). Anyway put about 80 rounds through her, she shoots great, cycles great and is an all around good time to shoot. The only problem i have with the gun is the fact that the lever and trigger have a good amount of side to side play. The lever has more, i'd say about an 1/8 of an inch side to side, the trigger a 1/16. My question is, is this normal, has anybody else experienced this? thanks

From my understanding there is some play associated with the 464. I will wait to see other chime in.

nkt275 said:
.....The lever has more, i'd say about an 1/8 of an inch side to side, the trigger a 1/16. My question is, is this normal, has anybody else experienced this? thanks

I expect some play in the lever action because of the linkage design, & mine is about the same as yours. I have noticed some play in my trigger, but not 1/16".

Jeff

I just bought a .22lr 464 on gun broker. I was disappointed to see lots of play in the trigger and lever. I could understand the lever but not the trigger.

Back