• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

*PLEASE READ*

I just wanted to thank someone, and figured this is the perfect place to do so. I wanted to thank the Fresno county sheriff that challenged the ammunition bill that was almost put into effect next month. This would have required that ammo dealers require buyers to " register " there handgun ammo. Also this was going to end online ammo transactions in ca., thank you, because of you they found this bill to be unconstitutional. Thank god. Now on to the second topic...
The other day I came home to find about 20-30 police officers in the area. According to the officer I talked to there was a shooting that took place 3 blocks from my house. 2 men were shot at a party, and the bad guy hadn't been captured. The point that im getting at is sense I bought my Mossberg, there has been a new feeling of security. I was able to go home load the gun and feel 100% safe . This may be no big deal to some . But for me it was an extremely nice feeling to know that if , just if, this guy tried to enter my house to evade police. He'd know it was the wrong place to be. :)
So from here ide like to invite all of the readers to post under mine, any events that you have had, where the use of a fire-arm has helped you in an emergency type situation.
Maybe some anti gun people will read this and convert to a pro gun standpoint. At least maybe they will begin to understand the importance of an armed society. We can only hope.
And remember guys and gals" An armed society is a polite society".

Justin, thanks for posting this! I hope the sheriff gets the credit he deserves!

As for a feeling of safety, I can relate. Knowing its there, and is a tool at your disposal, force to be dispensed as needed, is a very reassuring feeling. It shouldnt be wielded lightly, there are lasting, permanent effects, deadly serious effects. But its there.

I most commonly pick mine up when there may be a threat of predators or wild dogs. Most folks around here have guns, in fact I dont know anyone in my area that doesnt. Generally, people dont mess with rednecks with guns and dogs. My self and a few neighbors also have outside dogs, so its an early warning system. Dogs are smart enough and discerning enough to know when something is out of place, so as long as we listen, and pay attention, they have us covered. Finally, as a last line of defense, are a handful of guns. If need be, there can be one in every able hand. It is comforting, and a great responsibility.

Thanks for sharing this Justin.

Brad.

Thanks for posting. I completely understand. you must live by the saying "never sight down something your not ready to destroy". It is a responsibility that is not to be taken lightly.To have the power to end something completely. I hope to never have to make that decision, but am prepared to do so if I need to, to protect life and property. As to the dogs being an early alarm system, I couldn't agree more. I used to live in the country with my close friend. They had a small ranch with goats , chickens... ect ect. we noticed that when a mountain lion was in the area all of the livestock would be silent. but the dogs...were another story . They always let us know. You walk outside with your rifle, look were the dogs are looking, and 9 times out of 10 you see your target. Unfortunately I am the resident manager of 32 apartment units. And the owners shy away from animals.

Back