• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Plinkster 25 round magazine.

Malagamarksman

.270 WIN
Well I finally managed to get my hands on one of these and it doesn't work !! Has anybody had any problems with these ? Are they crap ? I couldn't load more than 20 rounds of standard CCI .22lr and after firing about ten of them it stopped feeding with half the rounds jammed down inside the body of the magazine. I had to whack it on the base to get the rounds to come up !

I suspect the plastic follower is jamming due to being manufactured rough ? Can these things be dismantled so I can "polish" the plastic follower ? Any suggestions truly welcome. Thanks.

I don't have any hands on with them.

With that said, someone put it together, so it would have to come back apart. At least that's the logic that I go by when I'm faced with something like that after I look at how it's put together.

By guessing, there is probably just a high spot on the inside of the mag body or the follower itself/or both.

I bought one directly from Mossberg. It has worked flawlessly for me (knock on wood). I did find it was MUCH easier to load if I pressed the follower guides on the outside of the magazine all the way down. Then, even loading it was easy. I have never had it apart. Take care. Tom Worthington

I had a couple TAC-22s a few years back and I recall the mags had a specific loading procedure to get 25rds in AND out regularly. I can't remember the exact procedure but it was along the lines of "load 10, tap mag on its back to settle rounds, load 5 more, etc"

Thanks for the input and the videos. I have done as suggested in the "Mossberg plinkster" video and a bit more. I Polished the plastic follower from my original 10 round magazine an rounded all of the sharp 90 degree edges around the base if the follower. Also where the metal magazine joins the plastic extension body there were a couple of burrs which I removed. Now with the use of the little loader supplied all 25 rounds load up easily and the follower slides up and down all the way inside the magazine smoothly no problem. I haven't had chance to take it to the range to test it yet, but it does load up fine and all the round flick out with a wooden dowel.

Fixed !
I had a range day on Monday. My original 10 round mag and follower (modified by me) fitted in the 25 round body loaded up to full capacity and initially worked OK. Then it started jamming with the rounds nose diving into the lip on the front of the magazine. Eventually I ended up with my original follower from my ten round magazine inside the new 25 round metal magazine body which has a deep "D" shaped cutout on the front lip of the mag. The new 25 round plastic follower inside the 10 round magazine also works perfectly. Job done. Only thing is these things are not cheap in Europe, the equivalent of $70 USD in Euros. You would expect them to work perfectly out of the box at that price.

Back