• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Polish

Wally1

.22LR
The MC1sc is well polished from the factory, but I've had a few failures to return to battery. I'm considering it to be part of the break-in. Shooting 124 gr and it is getting better.

Took it apart and polished it some more just for fun, also lined up the rear sight. No complaints, but since I've seen no action on this forum since I joined, thought I'd throw something out there to see if there is anybody besides the crickets.

I have still not jumped in to buy one of those pistols yet. Truth is, I have not come across one in person. I have a lot more desire to get this than I do the Remington R51 or the Ruger LCP.

I am a little put off by the 1:16 twist barrel though. I'm just going to be honest because I like to lob out the heaviest bullets that I can. 158 and 165 grainers, specifically.

I am not convinced the 1:16 twist barrel is for me.

The MC1sc is well polished from the factory, but I've had a few failures to return to battery. I'm considering it to be part of the break-in. Shooting 124 gr and it is getting better.

Took it apart and polished it some more just for fun, also lined up the rear sight. No complaints, but since I've seen no action on this forum since I joined, thought I'd throw something out there to see if there is anybody besides the crickets.
Wally1, I've had mine since May. put 500-600 rounds through it by now. Really like it. Felt recoil is less than I thought it would be. I have not had any issues with failure to return to battery.

Wally1, I've had mine since May. put 500-600 rounds through it by now. Really like it. Felt recoil is less than I thought it would be. I have not had any issues with failure to return to battery.

I have around 100 rounds so far, it happened 4 or 5 times on first outing only twice on second. Problem is probably gone, I'll know next range visit.

Last edited:

You know the old saying: "Pictures or it didn't happen!" ;) Not calling you a liar but some pictures of your work would be beneficial to other MC1sc owners. In another thread you mention bending of the transfer bar and the gunsmith in me that says this shouldn't have to happen.

Sorry, didn't take any pictures, but I did not do anything other than normal polishing. Probably wouldn't show well on pictures anyway. The additional polishing on the connector and the trigger bar seemed to help the most.

You are right about bending the connector. The bottom of the connector is curved where it is pressed into the housing making a tight fit in a straight slot, there is a hole on the back side of the housing that could be used to push the connector out, but it is very small. I wound up prying the connector out from the front side, hence the slight bend. In retrospect, not the best method, but a few small adjustments got it running well again.

Back