1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Post news links of burglaries with multiple assailants

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by John A., Apr 19, 2018.

1. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yeah, when multiple armed people break into your house, that's a fireteam.
    carbinemike and meanstreak like this.
  2. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

meanstreak and John A. like this.
  3. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Local media reports used the term "gunned down"... :rolleyes: Maybe "legitimately laid-out" would be a better use of words? ;)

And I believe the other 2 met their maker at the hospital.

There is only one day a year where you will get a treat and not a trick for coming to my door in a mask... :D
    carbinemike and John A. like this.
  4. Shane1109

Shane1109 Copper BB

Hello this is the story of the attempted break in my family edperienced. To start off, this spring to fall has seen a huge spike in break ins and robberies in our area. This group even broke in and robbed a Stewart's (NY chain convenient store). I say a group because of how the Stewart's break in happened and our experience.

My fiance went out to smoke a cigarette at 3:30 am and after making it upstairs to our bedroom. We heard a vehicle door slam and she saw F-150 style pickup speed out. After coming down to investigate I found an exterior door cracked. But nothing was missing. I went outside and we spotted ATV or 4 wheel treads on the ground in front of the house that turned around.

The ATV came up to the house with no lights to investigate. After determining no one was awake they pulled out of the parking area and down the driveway (we have a 1/4 mi driveway through the woods). The truck backed up just before the tree line ends and opens into the parking area. As a means for cover and gave them a view of the two porches. She must have spooked them when she came out for a cigarette.

I know there were two drivers, maybe a spotter and someone to help with the breaking in. I know at least two individuals were there and probably a third.

We were extremely lucky, but I dont intend to see how long our luck lasts. I have three kids and I don't want to put my faith in these upstanding citizens to leave our children alone if they get spotted. To this date no one has been caught.

Attached Files:

meanstreak and Scoop like this.
  5. John A.

I'm sorry that this happened to your family. And it shows just how bad a lot of people are. They don't care about anyone else.

Ultimately, I'm glad that your family is OK. But I wouldn't let my guard down. They'll probably be back in time. Just be sure to keep all your doors and windows and everything locked. And of course, keep a firearm readily accessible in the unfortunately situation where you'd have to use it to protect your family. Also, keep a phone near the gun too in case you have to grab it so you can grab both because seconds count.

I'm going to edit to add, since it's a long drive out the driveway to the road from your house, one big deterrent that you may consider adding is a locked gate very near the road if you can because no one is going to want to hike a half a mile. They chose your house because it is a long way off from the road so they wouldn't be spotted.
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. TJ Johnson

TJ Johnson 20g

^^^^^^ What John said, a little extra protection; a remote driveway alarm/announcer at or near the end of your drive.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

Motion activated lights at gate, halfway up drive, in proximity to house.
    Siren. Voice hailer.

Back in the '60s. There was a farmer I knew who had a ship's bell rigged to BONG when the front gate was opened. It was set at night.
    meanstreak and fellmann like this.
  8. fellmann

fellmann Esoteric Supporter Premier Member

Park this on your lawn / yard / in front of your house... ( maybe remote control it from the house :D )

prototype.jpg

Prototype Multiple .50 caliber Gun Motor Carriage T77 on M24 Chaffee tank chassis. Aberdeen proving ground
    meanstreak likes this.
  9. John A.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/pregnant-florida-mom-uses-ar-15-to-kill-home-intruder/

excerpt:

A pregnant woman is credited with saving the lives of her husband and daughter after she used an AR-15 to fatally gun down a home intruder, a report said.

The hero mom sprung into action when two intruders entered the family’s Lithia, Fla. home last week and pistol whipped her husband while violently grabbing their daughter, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

“They came in heavily hooded and masked,” the husband, Jeremy King, told Bay News 9.

“As soon as they had got the back door opened, they had a pistol on me and was grabbing my 11-year-old daughter.”

The robbers then pistol-whipped King and kicked him while the man’s wife, who is eight months pregnant, retreated into the bedroom.

“When he came toward the back door in her line of sight, she clipped him,” King told the outlet. “He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing.”

Police said in a press conference that they found the man’s dead body lying in the ditch nearby. The second suspect was on the loose.

The homeowner said he took a “severe beating,” but credited his wife for saving him.

“I’ve got a fractured eye socket, a fractured sinus cavity, a concussion, 20 stitches and three staples in my head,” said King.

“Them guys came in with two normal pistols and my AR stopped it. [My wife] evened the playing field and kept them from killing me.”
    carbinemike and fellmann like this.
  10. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

I'm going to interpret some colorful newspeak the way I understand it...

"...she clipped him,..." --> She shot him
    "He made it from my back door to roughly 200 feet out in the front ditch before the AR did its thing."
    --> He ran and toppled over [or died] 200 feet away.

Is that the same way you see it? Or did she make a 200 foot shot when he was in the ditch?
  11. John A.

I noticed some of the same quirks with the authors writing style as you did.

Still, I'm glad the firearm was there to protect this family. Sounds like they would've surely killed the father, un-telling what they would have done to the mother and children.
  12. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

https://www.ocala.com/news/20190711/summerfield-homeowner-injured-kills-2-intruders-with-ar-15

Summerfield [FL] homeowner injured, kills 2 intruders with AR-15

7/11/2019
    Two men were arrested following the shoot-out in southern Marion County.

SUMMERFIELD — Marion County sheriff’s officials say a homeowner armed with an AR-15 shot and killed two intruders and was injured himself during a home invasion robbery in Summerfield Wednesday night.

Two other robbery suspects — Robert John Hamilton, 19, of Ocala, and Seth Adam Rodriguez, 22, of Belleview — were detained near the scene, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

Nigel Doyle, 22, of Summerfield, and Keith Jackson Jr., 21, Ocala, were killed. The homeowner, whose name was not released by the Sheriff’s Office, was in stable condition at a hospital Thursday afternoon.

Rodriguez was arrested on charges of murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm. Hamilton faces home invasion robbery with a firearm. Both men were being held in the Marion County Jail without bond.

Deputies got the call at 8:21 p.m. Wednesday and went to the home at 14999 SE 32nd Court Road in response to a report of shots fired.

Sgt. Micah Moore found Doyle with a gunshot wound and a shotgun next to him on the ground. Deputies entered the home and found Jackson dead on the dining room floor. Detectives said he was wearing a “Jason” mask on top of his head, gloves on both hands, jeans and a black shirt.

Near Jackson’s head was a semi-automatic pistol, detectives said.

Continuing into the home, deputies found the 61-year-old homeowner in a bedroom.

He had an AR-15 rifle on his legs and was bleeding from a gunshot wound to the stomach, according to sheriff’s officials. Doyle and the homeowner were transported to Ocala Regional Medical Center, where Doyle died.

Deputies continued to search the area.

Deputy Austin Coon and K-9 Deputy Alberto Gago, with his dog Nitro, found Rodriguez and Hamilton in the 15000 block of Southeast 36th Avenue, according to arrest reports. Rodriguez was hiding in tall grass on the side of the road.

[video: see link]

He was wearing sweat pants and a purple shirt. Hamilton was wearing all black clothing.

Deputies said the men were sweating.

The mobile home where the shooting occurred is on a 20-acre lot with dense woods and a single-lane dirt driveway. The distance from a gate to home is roughly 300 yards.