• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

Best price I've seen was around $55 from Amazon and supremesolution on eBay (I've bought from them before). The guy selling at the gun show didn't have a website but I can see if my buddy has any contact info on him. He was under $50 on the one I got.

I carry a Benchmade 916 Triage Rescue Knife.

I picked this one for its utilitarian design. Its original design is for a Urban Rescue knife, including pry tip, seat belt cutter, and glass breaker.

I also see it as a wilderness survival knife, Pry Tip, Gut Hook, and chipper. I have added a survival lanyard to it. 12 feet of paracord, weaved into the paracord is a ferro rod, and water proof tinder, along with the Nite Ize figure 9.

So no matter where I am, or what I am doing, I feel relativly coverd.

Frank

Attachments

• Benchmade 916.jpg
    Benchmade 916.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 379
New to the forum but I love knives as much as I love my guns. Here is my EDC blade. Spyderco Para with D2 blade. Been in my pocket for over 3 years now.

D2Para.jpg

That's just beautiful. I've been looking for an assisted opening tanto blade and I love Gerber. I think I know what I'll be picking up soon!

That ones actually an auto. The make a F.A.S.T. model thats really similar. I got my boy a gerber instant for christmas. I'd recommend it. Nice A/O knife.

I have a F.A.S.T. Draw already (pictured below) that I carry every day. It's starting to show its wear though and I managed to bend the tip so I need to retire it to my backup line.

DeSantis-EDC_zps296da1b3.jpg

Thanks, LES. I love it. I'd recommend it to anyone. The only thing I'd change about it would be a spear-point type of blade and a straight edge, rather than the serrations.

Sneaky, Here's the Instant I bought my boy for Christmas-
http://www.gerbergear.com/Essentials/Knives/Instant_31-002184

And the 06 F.A.S.T. I mentioned-
http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/Knives/06-FAST-Knife_31-000216

The FAST is nice, but not as heavily built as the 06 auto. But, the 06 auto is way overbuilt. I'm not sure of where the FAST and the Instant were made, but I know my Auto was made in the US. I was hoping to find my boy an 06 FAST for Christmas, but everywhere was out of stock when I was shopping.

TravisM.1 said:
Yup, as long as it locks up tight and holds an edge, you're good to go. Looks well used, too.

Thank you sir! It has served me well so far, I have used it to pry open doors and everything in between. I never leave home without it...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice!

Boker makes a good blade...

Good to know. It is my first Boker and the EMS fit the bill for what I was looking for in length, blade type and glass breaker.

Back