1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Post Your EDC Blade

Discussion in 'Knives, Axes, Hatchets and Machetes' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Jan 30, 2011.

1. jimmydeuce

jimmydeuce .270 WIN

Best price I've seen was around $55 from Amazon and supremesolution on eBay (I've bought from them before). The guy selling at the gun show didn't have a website but I can see if my buddy has any contact info on him. He was under $50 on the one I got.
  2. Frank Castle

Frank Castle .270 WIN

I carry a Benchmade 916 Triage Rescue Knife.

I picked this one for its utilitarian design. Its original design is for a Urban Rescue knife, including pry tip, seat belt cutter, and glass breaker.

I also see it as a wilderness survival knife, Pry Tip, Gut Hook, and chipper. I have added a survival lanyard to it. 12 feet of paracord, weaved into the paracord is a ferro rod, and water proof tinder, along with the Nite Ize figure 9.

So no matter where I am, or what I am doing, I feel relativly coverd.

Frank

Attached Files:

3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Good lookin blade Frank...
  4. ram229

ram229 .410

New to the forum but I love knives as much as I love my guns. Here is my EDC blade. Spyderco Para with D2 blade. Been in my pocket for over 3 years now.

[​IMG]
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

6. TravisM.1

TravisM.1 .270 WIN

[​IMG]
    Gerber 06 "Military Auto". Serrated, tanto. High-torque spring.
    jimmit68 likes this.
  7. Sn3aKyGuY

Sn3aKyGuY .30-06

That's just beautiful. I've been looking for an assisted opening tanto blade and I love Gerber. I think I know what I'll be picking up soon!
  8. TravisM.1

TravisM.1 .270 WIN

That ones actually an auto. The make a F.A.S.T. model thats really similar. I got my boy a gerber instant for christmas. I'd recommend it. Nice A/O knife.
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

10. Sn3aKyGuY

Sn3aKyGuY .30-06

I have a F.A.S.T. Draw already (pictured below) that I carry every day. It's starting to show its wear though and I managed to bend the tip so I need to retire it to my backup line.

[​IMG]
    ripjack13 likes this.
  11. TravisM.1

TravisM.1 .270 WIN

Thanks, LES. I love it. I'd recommend it to anyone. The only thing I'd change about it would be a spear-point type of blade and a straight edge, rather than the serrations.

Sneaky, Here's the Instant I bought my boy for Christmas-
    http://www.gerbergear.com/Essentials/Knives/Instant_31-002184

And the 06 F.A.S.T. I mentioned-
    http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/Knives/06-FAST-Knife_31-000216

The FAST is nice, but not as heavily built as the 06 auto. But, the 06 auto is way overbuilt. I'm not sure of where the FAST and the Instant were made, but I know my Auto was made in the US. I was hoping to find my boy an 06 FAST for Christmas, but everywhere was out of stock when I was shopping.
  12. Sn3aKyGuY

Sn3aKyGuY .30-06

I just wish they offered more of their blades without serrations.
  13. TravisM.1

TravisM.1 .270 WIN

No kidding. I don't much care for the steak knife blade, myself.
  14. LeadMonkey

LeadMonkey .410

[​IMG]

No name brand.... It gets the job done.... I abuse the hell out of it and it still keeps going!
  15. LAZY EYED SNIPER

That's all that really matters.

Nice lookin blade Sir...
  16. TravisM.1

TravisM.1 .270 WIN

Yup, as long as it locks up tight and holds an edge, you're good to go. Looks well used, too.
  17. LeadMonkey

LeadMonkey .410

Thank you sir! It has served me well so far, I have used it to pry open doors and everything in between. I never leave home without it...
  18. Gallows

Gallows .410

Picked up a Boker EMS for EDC

[​IMG]
  19. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Very nice!

Boker makes a good blade...
  20. Gallows

Gallows .410

Good to know. It is my first Boker and the EMS fit the bill for what I was looking for in length, blade type and glass breaker.