• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post Your EDC Blade

Mine is a Benchmade Steirer Eisen Lockback, Plain edge, drop point folder.

Colt1991A1.jpg

My Gerber EDC for the last 8 years. Almost time for a new companion!!image.jpg

edujaby4.jpg
ugedu6u2.jpg
e4apenyt.jpg

left to right: kershaw leak, crkt m16 tanto, crkt hissatsu 2, gerber covert full size F.A.S.T., cold steel xl g10 espada (yes its an edc), and a gerber big rock that I did a black/brown snake skin pattern on the blade and the knifekits.com kydex kit I used to make an iwb for it.

oh and ignore the chefs knife lol, it was sharpening day and it needed an edge too. I also have a crkt hissatsu fixed blade but until I get more kydex for another iwb its not a edc blade.

Those are some serious toothpicks and that espada is insane!

Here in TN we are limited to carrying blades 4" or under, so that's definitely not in the cards for me...

oh and ignore the chefs knife lol, it was sharpening day and it needed an edge too. I also have a crkt hissatsu fixed blade but until I get more kydex for another iwb its not a edc blade.

Let's be fair. While it's probably not great for EDC, the chef's knife us as good as it gets for home SD. They're usually sharp, the hilt will keep your hand off the blade, and most people are better wielding that than a folder or hunting knife.

Those are some serious toothpicks and that espada is insane!

Here in TN we are limited to carrying blades 4" or under, so that's definitely not in the cards for me...

Thanks! I'm a big fan of overkill lol so picking up the espada was a no brainer. Luckily here in MA there is no state blade length control on folders or fixed blades (regardless of what the masses think, I actually read the MGL) so as long as you're not in a town with a local ordinance the espada is good to go. It's even under the states 18" machete definition so as long as I avoid brandishing issues it will remain an EDC for me ;)

Let's be fair. While it's probably not great for EDC, the chef's knife us as good as it gets for home SD. They're usually sharp, the hilt will keep your hand off the blade, and most people are better wielding that than a folder or hunting knife.

very true, quality chef knives are also fairly flexible which has always been something engineered into most combat intended blades and you're right, they're always sharp (at least in my kitchen they are). If I didn't have so much reach with my espada.... (or glock, or mossberg lol) I probably would reach for the chef!

I like! I like! Really cool lookin' blade LES! Looks more like a work of art than anything else. Nice!

I'll see your Espada and raise you a 21.75" Spanish Muela Curro folder... :D

lol touché! very nice piece but I'm mostly a function kind of guy, thats why I choose glock and knives that are tough but not so expensive I can't afford a replacement. I would cry if I ever had to baton with that beautiful blade.

not one of mine but what about this old navaja!
uhyzaheb.jpg

I agree 100%, but couldn't resist the post.

That Curro doesn't see the light of day too often and I wouldn't attempt to use it for anything other than eye candy in a photo. I have a Cold Steel Spartan that sees a lot of practical use around the house...

The Spartan blade is 1/2 too long for legal carry here in TN or it'd be my carry knife. That navaja sure is a mean lookin sucker...

Thanks Mike, it's super detailed.

I've had the Curro since I was about 9 years old and it's always been a good conversation piece...

Back