Post Your Patch Pics!

Discussion in 'Bags, Gear And Load-Outs' started by Sn3aKyGuY, Aug 18, 2012.

1. stigmata

stigmata 20g

Well I found a few. I got more somewhere just got to dig them up.
    These aren't on my case yet but a few will make it on there. Just some I acquired here and there. Most of them speak for themselves. The MKR on the bottom left corner is from Vinces shop in Louisiana "Mesa Kenetic Research" (the dude that used to be on sons of guns at red jacket firearms) after he went on his own. I stopped in at his shop as I was driving back home to Texas after I retired from the military.
    My favorite is the big one in the middle, that was our unit patch and motto in Afghanistan. Good times. Man how I miss being out there, if you can believe that.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

3. stigmata

stigmata 20g

Thank you sir. I loved every minute of it.
    But like all things it eventually had to end, 20 was enough, and more family time was what I really needed to get back to.
  4. Deep1

Deep1 .223

I do not collect morale patches but my oldest daughter does. I thought you guys might like to see her collection. Not shown is two full books of Mil-Spec Monkey patches. When she hangs them she will send me a shot. The first pic is while she was mounting them and the second shot is the start of her display in her new house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    SHOOTER13, Rossignol and old mossy like this.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

^ We have a winner!!!
    Rossignol likes this.
  6. Chadie

Chadie .410

Here is the patch sewn on at the base of my riding leather. [​IMG]
  7. OffGrid9

OffGrid9 .410 Supporter

Did you ever find it? I saw something like it at a flea market in Seattle, maybe two years ago. It was a single large patch, combining two pictures, with a divider down the middle, separating them. On the left was a picture through a scope, crosshairs on the forehead of Castro, caption "FIDEL". On the right side was a picture looking into the muzzle of an AR-15 held by a US marine, caption "INFIDEL". Should have bought it.
  8. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

@OffGrid9
    I ended up having something similar made. I believe these were originally sold by Crye precision.
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Yup, here is the shotgunner version @Rossignol had made up...

[​IMG]

You can even see the bayonet lug on the 590A1...
    Rossignol and stigmata like this.
  10. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett .410

Just the One patch left these days.....

[​IMG]
    LAZY EYED SNIPER and Rossignol like this.
  11. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

I don't usually wear patches or collect patches.

The stuff was all my mom & dad's, from World War II and the Cold War days, & Vietnam era.

20161102_075952.jpg

In 1970 long dark coats became fashionable for men & I asked my dad for one of his air force overcoats to wear. Also because were stationed on the edge of Frostbite Falls Minnesota and I had to walk to school in the winter. He made me give him the stripes and the USAF buttons and sew on generic dime-store buttons & there are those 1960's USAF buttons.

Other than this I have very little of his military service as momentos as he didn't keep much.

For most of my life Dad wore this patch:
    20161102_075858.jpg
    He wore this one one in the early sixties:
    20161102_080125.jpg
    I don't know anything about this one:
    20161102_075752.jpg

Some of the little pins are my mom's Girl Scout pins, and my sister's Girl Scout pins, and various religious and Family Service pins.
    20161102_075711.jpg

There are also a set of dog tags, and an Air Force folding keychain screwdriver. The in decipherable round silver pin reads 21 and I have no clue what that's about.
    Rossignol and John A. like this.
  12. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

BTW, I understand what all the medals are but I don't know what all the non-similar ribbons represent. except I believe the green and uellow one is from Vietnam.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  13. INMY01TA

INMY01TA .410

14. Djcala

Djcala .223 Supporter

My favorite. Back of my hat always. 1493472868308-731753716.jpg
    Rossignol likes this.
  15. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk .22LR

Don't wear patches, but I've seen a couple that might change my mind. A guy had one on his range bag, but he left before I could find out where he got it. It said "Run your gun, not your mouth". If anyone sees that one, let me know where you saw it. I'll buy it.
  16. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

What did it look like? I've found several designs.
  17. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk .22LR

Looked like a name tape, but I'd look at anything.
  18. Rossignol

19. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk .22LR

Rossignol likes this.
  20. Rossignol

No problem.