• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Posting Pictures

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I'll explain it as best I can. There may be a way to post multiple pictures with less work, but I dont know how to do it. I'll try to figure it out though!

Where ever you have pictures posted, whether photobucket, facebook, imageshak, a website or google search;
move your cursor over the pic. Right click and you'll get a command prompt box. Go to the bottom of the box and left click on "properties". In the next box, youll see the image "url". Move the cursor to that and then right click. In the next box, you'll see somewhere, "select all". Left click. The entire image url will be highlighted now. Now you right click again and click on "copy". Next click "ok" at the bottom and the box will close.

Now in the thread you are posting to or responding to, look across the top, ^up there^. See where there is a button that says "Img"? Click on that and youll see this: [ /img]

Once you have "[img][ /img]", right click in the middle and youll have a command prompt box again. Select "paste" and the image url you highlighted before will be pasted between the "[img][ /img]" thingy.

If it worked it will do this;

[img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/25633_1261712177988_1085205913_30647825_4822830_n.jpg

It may not be a pic of my 4 year old, but hopefully whatever you intended to paste in there! Now go give it a try!!!

How you have said it works well.
If you wish to bypass the img button you can use the [ /img] <--(minus the space between the [ and / )as well, It works with url's as well
Thanks for the helpful hint :D

Thanks for taking the time to write this up for other member.

Hi.
I'm not the most computer literate and I have my share of problems when I try to post pictures. I usually have to try 3 or 4 times before I finally get it right.
I have found the free Google program Picasa to be a really big help.
With a minimum amount of study I have learned how to do retouching, color correction, croping, light correction and resizing. A lot of it is done automatically. It also exports and organizes photos simply.
Three years ago I laid out $98.00 for a photo program that is much more complicated and is lacking features that Picasa has. And the help is a real help.
If you have a problem pic give it a try.
Lliam

Pick a program for photo work and get used to it. When I first started out with digital cameras I would install the program that came with every camera. What a mess, so many programs fighting for their place in the sun!

When I figured out where I was going wrong, I uninstalled all but one. I chose the Canon software that came with my EOS camera. It does all I have the patience to do and more.

About a year ago, my stepdaughter started using Picasa 3. I tried it and it looks good AND it`s a free download. Right now I have no reason to change from my Canon program, so I ignore Picasa. However, for somebody starting out who doesn`t have another program I would very much recommend it. Buying photo software is a real waste of money for many beginners, advanced hobbyists, and some professionals. In any case, pick one good software and learn how to use it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu_nkKxCUlg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Another way

Here is another way.

For images on the internet. Right click on the image you want to post. In the drop down menu left click "Copy Image Location". The image URL is now saved to the clipboard. Go to your post, left click on the "img" button on the tool bar. With the cursor between the image tags, press the ctrl and V keys at the same time. Let go and the URL of your image is now between the tags. Continue on.

gun-girl-35.jpg

7910.jpg

404161-460s.jpg

Hi, everyone. Is there any way to attach a photo that is just a file on my hard drive (e.g., in "My Pictures")?

I don't have any photos posted anywhere, but would like to attach a photo in my reply once in while. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. -- Ron (new member as of a couple of dyas ago).

Yes sir Ron!!!

When you want to post or reply, dont do the quick reply, click on "post reply" or if you quote someone or start a new thread, you will be in the full editor.

From there, look below the subject box and youll see something saying "upload..." You can click on that and you will have a blank space followed by a prompt to "browse". By clicking to browse, it will open a window where you can search through your files, drives, and desktop to find a location and a pic. By selecting a pic, it automatically adds the file to the forum.

You can add a comment and then upload it to your message. After that is done, you have the option to place the file "inline", so select where you want it in the subject box where you type your post, and while the curser is where you want it, move over the "place inline" and click.

Your file will appear in the subject typing area.

If that doesnt make sense or help you, I'll get more thorough!

Thanks, Rossignol. That's what I did before, but I didn't previously notice the message saying my attachment was too big. Here goes another try, with the image resized -- me on Kodiak Island, April 2007, with my Kodiak Bear. -- Ron

Attachments

• Afognak 066 Reduced.JPG
    Afognak 066 Reduced.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,974
this may have been covered already but i didn't see it.
if u trying to post pics for the first time and click preview, your pics will look stretched and cut off.
disregard that. once u submit, they will come out normal size.
might be useful for new members. I know I was confused, thinking maybe there is a limit for picture sizes on this forum and I need to resize them before posting :oops:

Re: Another way

Kodiak said:
Here is another way.

For images on the internet. Right click on the image you want to post. In the drop down menu left click "Copy Image Location". The image URL is now saved to the clipboard. Go to your post, left click on the "img" button on the tool bar. With the cursor between the image tags, press the ctrl and V keys at the same time. Let go and the URL of your image is now between the tags. Continue on.

gun-girl-35.jpg

My question is.. WHY is that soldier looking at the target? :mrgreen:

Trying to post pictures and can not, I keep getting can not post "extension bmp" even after I downsize them to small!!!! Any ideas? the pictures are taken on a iphone and sent to my PC then I try to add them here. Help!!!!!!! :cry:

Back