• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Presidential Debate, Take 1

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Anyone watch the debate last night?

Thoughts?

I Thought trump spent too much time being defensive rather then hitting back.

He kicked the door open with the email's then didn't go in for he attack. He could have fired back about destroying evidence (smashing phones and wiping machines long after leaving office and after the investigation started), the Foundations lack of audit and accountability, Ask why every top donor is not an ambassador to or holds some other position in government, Benghazi, lying to coal minors, gun bans etc, etc, etc. He also needs to be more articulate. Just saying that everything is a disaster is not going to cut it any more.

He also needs to release those tax returns. It will hurt him more the longer he hides them, regardless of whats in there. Confront it head on, defuse it and move on.

Rather then trying to explain what he said in the past own it and throw it back at her. The more he tries to explain the context and yada yada yada the more it draws him off topic.

Even the birther issue, just say that questioning the credentials of a candidate is not racist, esp when he has gone to excessive lengths to hide his past. Nothing more to say on that.

She came in with lot's of references to reports, fact checks, etc. Even if it is all BS it just makes her look more prepared. Every time he went into his long explanations defending what he has said or done she just stood there with a big smile, when he was pushing here the smile was gone and we were starting to see the real Hillary, he just never pusher her quite hard enough.

Not much to say about here, she talks a good game and provides a lot of "facts" to support her claims but almost everything she says is only a half truth or outright fabrications. I'm sure her supporters thought she did an awesome job.

Hopefully all the fluff has been covered and we can get down to the real issues in the debate.

He is going to be his own downfall....He certainly needs to learn how to answer questions/accusations without spouting off befuddled answers....

I wouldn't have been able to pass up the chance to laugh when they were talking about cyber security.

That should've been an easy one.

Hillarys policy for that is delete everything and use hammers and interns on the physical devices

I wouldn't have been able to pass up the chance to laugh when they were talking about cyber security.

That should've been an easy one.

Hillarys policy for that is delete everything and use hammers and interns on the physical devices
Trump should have hit that one out of the park but didn't even swing.

I find his support of stop and frisk a little disconcerting, esp as a gun owner. I guess it's the libertarian slice of my brain that is concerned with it and how easily it could be abused. This is one of the areas where I think Trump may go over the top and infringe on out rights even more in the name of national security.

Anyone see this.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...ael-savage-reacts-pulled-radio-pure-sabotage/

I was listening to this when it played out. He came back on in Detroit but apparently not everywhere else. I'm sure it will be explained away as some type of technical malfunction which may or may not be the real cause.

Trump could have done a lot better...Benghazi...Email Scandal...her 2nd Amendment stance...all her failed policies....Hell, her bad pant suits...

Anything and everything...but, he allowed himself to be baited...and I had to turn it off as my blood pressure started to rise.

It was his 1st one on one...against a woman...so, he did TRY to play it careful. ( Rosie O'Donnell...WTF !!! )

He has to learn to pivot from the direct question...and slam her on her weaknesses...ALL OF THEM !!

Hopefully....he will perform better and punch harder in the next one...!!

He cannot treat her any differently because she is a woman.

If she wants to be president then she also cannot play the female card. It is a position that is indifferent of sex.

True Mike...but "Public Perception" would have turned against HIM if he went after her too hard...because she IS a woman.

So, he actually did learn something from his "debate training"...

And...he will hit her harder NEXT DEBATE...he just had some jitters, and that was to be expected.

Like I said...Pivot from the direct question into what she did on this or that...2 minutes of punching her record...THAT will be the move.

They can have "notes" at the podium... and I would put them into categories: Terrorism / Economy / Scandals / HER RECORD & FAILURES

Whatever the question...the answer HAS TO BE... her bad judgment...her scandal(s)...her record...her failed policies...her public life...HER MAJOR SCREW-UPS

People are NOT going to be persuaded from VOTING for Him or Her...it's the mistakes each makes...the bad calls...the lies and misstatements in front of millions of people watching for just that.

Stick to the facts...bury her with them...THAT should be his plan !!

First, IDENTIFY THE ENEMY:

ARAFAT.jpg

Arafat is looking at her Like, "What's this woman on that makes her smile like that? Can you get me some?"

Last edited:
I recorded it and watched part of the debate today. I couldn't stand either one of them and quit before the middle of it. :brick:

Here is the way I approach the election:

Of the 66 million Obama voters about 20 million were in gun owning households.
If just half of those 20 million were to have voted against Obama [FOR GUNS] proportionately across the US only the following states would have maintained a majority for (D) and the Electoral College would have flipped.
MD 10, CA 55, DC 3, DE 3, NJ 14, CT 7, RI 4, MA 11, VT 3, NY 29

for a total of 139 Electoral votes on Obama's side. That is well short of the 270 needed to elect.

Do you see my point so far.
OK. Some of you didn’t.

GUNOWNERS CAN CONTROL THE ELECTION!

VOTE REPUBLICAN.

images

Watched about 30-40 mins of it. Turned it off because I can't stand to hear her talk or look at that face. Lester Holt did not hit her with hard questions but what do you expect? The Clintons, or their puppet masters, own the media. They are not going to let someone drag her thru the mud as she so richly deserves. Why bother wasting my time watching when there is only one person I can vote for...not want to vote for but have to vote for because this is definitely a "lesser of the two evils" election.

And latest reports show she was being coached thru an earpiece. Probably telling her over and over again "remain calm".

I missed the first part, which people claimed Trump won. I didn't think he did poorly in the last part.
I thought hillary's teeth were going to fall out before she quit smiling though.
Lord, that smile was like rictus!

I caught the last minute or so on the radio. It wasn't on my list of priorities for the day and I feel I didn't really miss anything according to the media spin. When I heard Trump wasn't preparing I knew he would "lose", if you can call it that. It actually was a tie, IMO but Trump has lost it by continuing to negatively bring up the issues raised in it.

He simply needs to go on vacation for a month and he will win the election. And someone needs to take away his phone, PERIOD! :mad: And by all means, he needs to prep for the next "debate" and take a Prozac beforehand. I do believe he is much smarter than he appears to be. The main thing is he needs to slow his mouth down a few seconds slower than his brain and he'll be alright...

I do not believe he will push the nuke button or any of the other claims by the weinie libs. One thing that attracts me to him is that he says whatever the fark he wants. But he needs to know when to keep his opinion in check.

The election is his to win--he just needs to keep his mouth shut. I mean, look at the POS he is running against! If he loses, I guarantee someone will put a bullet in his skull within a year.

I think Pence will eviscerate Kaine, BTW... :)

Back