• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Problem with Mossberg 930

I have hunted with this gun for a year now, just waterfowl. And now i am beginning to have problems with it, sometimes it cycles slow and other times it does not cycle at all, that is with lighter clay loads. It ran fine two months ago but now it does not cycle the lighter loads, the 36gr are the lightest loads i can put through with out problems.

Thanks in advance.

Pálmi Geir

Clean it, and when you feel it's clean enough clean it again.

When mine was new it completely failed to load skeet rounds because of packing grease that gelled up and would not allow it to cycle. ( I failed to give it an initial cleaning.)

I have pump guns with 1000's of rounds through them without cleaning but this one needs to be clean and have good lubrication to run smoothly.

Also, some just simply do not like low velocity rounds, there are things you can do to help with this but it is a known issue.

thanks for the info guys but the found the problem it was a sticky plunger behind the bolt, had a lot of spring bur on it made a new one on the lathe and field down the end of the spring.

Back