• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Problem With Shells Firing

ddunford3

Copper BB
This is the first year I've used my mossberg 535 for waterfowl because I've had the gun for less than a year. Anyway I'm having trouble with rounds firing and I know mossbergs usually shoot no matter how dirty there are. With that said I've cleaned the gun and I'm still having problems. The shells even have dented primers and I've changed ammo to see if that was the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Spring? Firing Pin?

ddunford3 said:
This is the first year I've used my mossberg 535 for waterfowl because I've had the gun for less than a year. Anyway I'm having trouble with rounds firing and I know mossbergs usually shoot no matter how dirty there are. With that said I've cleaned the gun and I'm still having problems. The shells even have dented primers and I've changed ammo to see if that was the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Spring? Firing Pin?

sorry your having problems. apparently the firing pin is not contacting the primer hard enough. i would take apart the bolt and give it a good cleaning and look for broken pin or spring.
this might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyU5egptBIw

That's a good start. How often had it been fired before putting on the shelf?

Back